Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

alright ive been here before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright ive been here before

but ive talked to my mechanic and he said he has no clue whats going on but my sports light blinks as soon as i drop it into d4 and i have to take of on first and work my way up what can it be

my car is doing the same. does your speedometer work? people say its either the VSS speed sensor or the TCU transmission computer. on my own, i tried replacing both, as well as the solenoids on the transmission, and its still doing the same... not sure what else it could be, im assuming the transmission is dying

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/transmission.php

I found this website helpful for diagnosing our transmissions.

Comment

so then what can it possibily be cause theres an accord 91 i got i trated it for a 88 corolla and its crashed so not sure if the tranni would work how bad does the car have to be crashed so the trani wouldnt work

Comment

Well this used to happen in my dads 9091 and it ended up being wiring that was being exposed to water(it would only happen when it rained)

Comment

how do i input the codes into the ecu
            Last edited by detok; 06-06-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

i got my car rust proffed this week and my speedo died. and my sports light flashed. It seems to be better now though.

(crosses fingers)

Comment

Detok, CPMike any updates!?

Comment

http://techauto.bravehost.com/.

check it out, i am having the same problem. DO NOT GET RID OF THE TRANNY!!!!!!
                  JDM Parts for sale

Comment

My sports light blinks on a constant basis. I just drive in ethier d3 or d4. It seems to be doing just fine. But I think mine is flashing because something is wrong with the tcu or engine.
                    My Black "H"
                    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Here's more info in how getting the codes and what could be the problem.

Code 17 of the ECU shown as a solid CEL light and Code 4 of the TCU shown as a blinking "S" light or a blinking "D4" light is an indicator of a failed VSS circuit. 90% chance the fault is in the speed sensor's contacts. To learn more about the diagnostic codes see dtc.html. To go ahead and attempt to solve this problem see Solutions below.

Will the transmission shift normally to all gears (1-4) when the speed sensor is broken or removed?

Yes. The transmission will shift up as usual. The VSS is design mainly for a proper downshift such as for descending from a hill. It will also shut off the engine if the speed is excessive. Some of the events that plays role on shifting is the TPS or the pedal depth. Some TCU's may go into a "limp mode" when there is a detected fault. The lymp mode is usually mistaken for a transmission problem when the transmission refuses to shift. Please check for a stored code.
                      Last edited by dannyd; 07-07-2007, 03:56 PM.
                      JDM Parts for sale

Comment

I'm having the same problem:

Car starts with the D4 light blinking, tranny feels sluggish, eventually will get up to high speeds.

Either the TCU, or the VSS speed controller, even the main relay can be cause for concern.

Comment

In my boyz grandmom wagon it was the trans dying, she got it rebuilt and presto no blinko
                          Arcadia Green Crew #48
                          Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
                          My Transformer on myspace
                          Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
                          Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
                          RPM we the best!!!
                          Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
                          93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
                          92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
                          93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
                          Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Comment

I have the same exact problem, but it doesnt happen all the time. I switched TCM and it still happens. I have a new main relay coming and hopefully that solves the problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X