Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can Cops Get You In Trouble For This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Cops Get You In Trouble For This?

ok so not sure whats up with this but i was speeding and i saw the cop coming the opposite direction. i saw him hit the breaks and turn around but he was behind in traffic and could not have seen my tag or anything and he didnt have his lights on. so instead of staying on the main road i dipped it through a neighborhood and he didnt follow. the a couple hours later i was driving perfectly normal and saw a cop hit his brakes as he passed. so i got on the main road went down and made a u turn. sure enough when im goin the other way i see the f*cker turn out of where i turned and haul ass. wasnt doin anything wrong....any opinions would be great.....hate to say this but im thinkin about gettin a new car or at least a new color

Edit: Get you in trouble for what??

If they see you do an offense at the time, they can get you for it later at their discretion.

Stop speeding and maybe you wont have to "get a new car or new color"
    Last edited by Accord214; 10-08-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

You'd be getting yourself in trouble.

Honestly, if the cop had caught you, he could have charged you with evading a police officer, in addition to speeding.

However, it is highly unlikely that he will attempt to track you down now. If he got your plates, he probably COULD... but it's not likely. Too much work for him, and too many uncertainties for him to guarantee it would stick (which means he'd very well have to defend it in court... and that's just a pain in the ass!)

I've done that. Passed a cop while speeding at 2am, turned down a residential street... it went 3 blocks deep, and the third block was a dead end. I knew this, thankfully. I made the first right, and saw the cop turning onto the street I was just turning off of. I made the next right, and he was one turn behind yet again. Now I was heading back to the main road. If I turned right, I'd be going the same way I was going when I passed him, and he'd KNOW I was trying to avoid him. So I turned left... going the opposite way. I drove slowly, like I was confused, trying to get my bearings. He flipped his lights on, FLEW past me, and dipped into a parking lot. He didn't pursue me. What I did was stupid, but I was lucky. It worked like a charm.

Comment

You will can't get charged for that.

No lights were on, no chase was started, no problem.

If he fliped the cherrys on and turned around then there may have been an extra ticket.

Comment

its possible for him to nail you for speeding and mailing you a ticket if he got your plates. but the fact of evading police without being a legit pursuit would never stick in court.

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
            You will can't get charged for that.

No lights were on, no chase was started, no problem.

If he fliped the cherrys on and turned around then there may have been an extra ticket.
            Yea, I was gonna say... If he flipped his lights on and busted a U turn, then that would be evading. If he didn't turn his lights on, who's to say you were actually trying to get away? Police have the authority to track you down and ticket you, at which point it's guilty until proven innocent unfortunately. It's your car, you could say you weren't driving it, but you'd have to prove you were not the one in the driver seat.

I've definately felt the heat before and taken an exit I wasn't planning on taking just to see if it was me they were after... Also, I know I was doing around 10 over one day and a passing sherrif flipped around, but he didn't pull anyone over. Just then I realized I had just passed a county boarder sign so I figure he was just heading back into his jurisdiction.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

ive done that. this guy next to me in a dodge rev'ed and flew by me i wasnt ganna let him give my cb a bad name so i sped up. speeding down the road a couple cops past me no prob a state trooper saw me, i swear he looked right into my eyes as he hit the medium to bust a u turn i kept driving got into the right lane to make a turn down a street to where i was headed he got stuck in traffic got to the house got out the car and he drove slowly by me eye ballin me and my car but i was out and my car was off so i dont think they could do anything anymore. also his lights were never on. i wouldnt do it again and would not advise it to be done. but i got lucky...
              Last edited by cb7freak91; 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM.
              Freaks Crew! FB pg
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002231470942
              MRT LINK
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post2814259

Comment

Originally posted by Accord214 View Post
                Edit: Get you in trouble for what??

If they see you do an offense at the time, they can get you for it later at their discretion.

Stop speeding and maybe you wont have to "get a new car or new color"
                what do you mean by in their discretion. you mean "find" something to pull you for right? idk but last time this happened i saw them pull at least 7 accords mostly cb7s and i get pulled for "making an illegal turn" when i didnt.
                im sick of the bs where i live. now when they pull me i record them on my phone in case they try to pull somthin like that again. good thing where i live is the cops are big p*ssies. if you even threaten to bring them to court when they're ligitamently corrupt they'll leave you alone. and no wasnt even close enough to get plate desciption ect. all he knows is it a brown honda.
                Last edited by 1993accordex; 10-09-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I've done this before.

I was driving home at 2AM and there's this cop behind me. He followed me for a solid two or three songs on the radio (7 minutes?) through multiple turns. Even with 3 lanes to choose from, he would just sit right behind me at lights. He was just waiting for me to screw up so he could bust me on some technical BS but I drove the speed limit and used my signals and drove nice and eventually he disappeared.

So after all that I'm tense but I relax a bit and I'm coming up to a crest in the road. I'm going ~40 in a wide 30. Another cop comes over the hill and by the time my eyes adjust I realize it's a cop. I check my rear view - he's turning around, but no lights. I slow down and crest over the hill, showing the appearance of a Sunday driver.

Once over the hill and out of eye sight, I drop from 4th to 2nd and floor it to make it to a right turn into my neighborhood before he can get a line of sight on me. Make the turn, and then drive real chill and easy - again, appearing like a Sunday driver.

I look in my rear view and I see him pass by the turn I made from the main road and his brake lights light up and he missed the turn, not spotting where I was in time. Perhaps he turned around, but I didn't stick around to find out...zoom zoom back to my driveway and practically jumped out of my car and got inside.

Got lucky.

Unless you live in some small town where everyone knows everyone - I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even if you do, they probably don't care that much.

Comment

Hmm, I had a similar occurance, since everyone else is sharing I guess I will to.

A few weeks ago I was on a 2 lane in a 55 zone and there were two slow cars infront of me doing about ~45. As soon as I saw oncoming traffic clear and a dotted yellow I floored it and passed, by the time I pulled back into the lane after passing the cars I was doing about 70, I allowed the car to coast down instead of braking and went around a very soft curve. In the middle of the curve a cop was in the oncoming lane, we passed, made eye contact, had a moment, then in my mirror I saw his brakes... I floored it to get to a neighborhood I knew of about 1/4 mile away. Quickly dipped into a trailer park and pulled behind a trailer. Due to traffic in the oncoming lane he was not able to pass the two slow drivers and I watched as he drove by tailgating the slow cars. I sat for about 20 minutes then pulled out. Never saw him again.
                    Call me Travis.
                    2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                    1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                    1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                    1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

cop cant mail me a ticket, there's no evidence.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i forgot but ther probly is a reason why they follow me. because my friends do stupid stuff when their in the car. couple weeks ago this white nissan altima chased me through downtown. im likw wtf??? i look over at my friend and shes histerically laughing. im like wht did u do? and appearently she threw a condom filled with mayo and it landed on his hood. i kno i ran a couple red lights that day but i think if there was any cameras the ticket would have been here by now.we finally loose the nissan and as im making a right turn there it is. i saw him throw it into reverse and i dipped it thruogh an alley way after that we finally lost him for good. but it gets worse then she shot a FREAKIN spitball at a ups driver. after that i said we're gonna go in your car right?

Comment

Working...
                        X