Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Alternator? Loose belt? Voltage regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator? Loose belt? Voltage regulator?

Battery light comes on if i use the ac periodically or during low rpms under 2.5k... if i rev the car past 4.5k the light will turn off for a bit then eventually turn back on. This all started today, the day after i rinsed the engine down using purple power and a water hose. Could i have messed up the alternator? It was just recently installed in april

Go to a parts store and get your charging system checked.

Comment

I have a multi meter. What tests would they run?

Comment

If you think it's the alternator, turn everything in like the AC, lights, wipers, etc. Check for 13.8+ volts under load. Charged battery should be 12.6v.

Also test how much AC voltage the rectifier is letting through. A small amount is fine, but anything over like .05v might cause problems.

Make sure your terminals and grounds are clean.

Comment

Ended up checking the alternator like u said and it could barely keep a charge above 11.4 volts, took it to autozone and they said the voltage regulator internally was defective

Comment

easiest route is to just replace the whole unit. Have them check it before you walk out with it. Remanufactured shit from AutoZone is bad 7/10 times.

Comment

Got it all sorted. Somehow the bolt that keeps the tension came undone or whoever installed it didnt put it back on so got a new bolt and tightened everything back up. No problems so far. Just gotta throw a new belt on now. Noticed the belt had rips in the ribs when reinstalling it

Comment

Go for a new belt and don't buy a remanufactured alternator from AutoZone get a brand new Bosch from Amazon and you won't have any problems. BTW go with a bando belt never had any problems with them daayco and all that other shit constant squeals and bullshit lol.
                Last edited by Kev1990; 07-28-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X