Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Mounts

Is this about right?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6388305_tell...ounts-bad.html

What defines excessive? I thought an engine was supposed to move a bit when put into drive.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

If you want broken axles dont worry about it.

Stock or broken engine mounts can cause wheel hop from the violent shaking of the driveline which brakes axles, flex pipes, can rip wires and more.
    Call me Travis.
    2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
    1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
    1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
    1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

is normal for the engine to move a lilttle bit tho you will notice when an engine mount is bad

Comment

dammm thats real bad^^^ on our cars you can look at the 2side ones and the front one to see if those are bad by looking at them move the flaps open and look at the rubber if its all chewed up or moves in there then they are bad
        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Originally posted by remix405 View Post
          dammm thats real bad^^^ on our cars you can look at the 2side ones and the front one to see if those are bad by looking at them move the flaps open and look at the rubber if its all chewed up or moves in there then they are bad
          I don't know what you're saying.

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
          If you want broken axles dont worry about it.

Stock or broken engine mounts can cause wheel hop from the violent shaking of the driveline which brakes axles, flex pipes, can rip wires and more.
          So, if I don't want broken axles.. then I should worry about it?
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Replace your mounts, or fill them with urethane (as per the multiple DIY threads on this site.)

Comment

But how do I know if they're bad?
              I don't just want to start replacing things willy nilly! (Actually I do, But I'm running out of $)
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

ok like i said before

there is 3 motor mounts you can see by just opening the hood one on your passenger side, one on the driver side and the front one by the radiator fans

you can check by just looking at them... look at your motor mount if you still got the lil flap on the sides just move the flap and look inside the motor mount if the ruber inside of them is chewed up you need to change them...

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                But how do I know if they're bad?
                I don't just want to start replacing things willy nilly! (Actually I do, But I'm running out of $)
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Originally posted by remix405 View Post
                  ok like i said before

there is 3 motor mounts you can see by just opening the hood one on your passenger side, one on the driver side and the front one by the radiator fans

you can check by just looking at them... look at your motor mount if you still got the lil flap on the sides just move the flap and look inside the motor mount if the ruber inside of them is chewed up you need to change them...
                  Thank you.
                  I'll check tomorrow
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

If the rubber is torn, the mount is bad. They are 20 years old, so it's likely.

The front mount is just a torque mount. It is not load bearing.

Comment

how much do these mounts go for cause im short on $ and mine need to be replace to also are they easy to take out?
                      HELLAFLUSH 4 Me Coming Soon In Spring 2012

Comment

hey every one FYI you can remove your right motor mount with out lifting the engine or doing harm as long as all the other mounts are intact.
                        Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
                        Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdmCB907 View Post
                          how much do these mounts go for cause im short on $ and mine need to be replace to also are they easy to take out?
                          ive seen 3-4 piece kits on ebay for 150-200 for oem quality at an autoparts store expect 46-150 per if you have time i would recomend filling them that is what i did and it works great but no i noticed how bad my clutch really is
                          Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
                          Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X