Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

starter smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starter smoking

My starter and ground wire connected to the head is smoking little bit when I try to crank it it just clicks and smokes ......I cleaned off the grounds and put them back on... could there be a bad ground or wire on the starter or what could be the promblem......?

Something electrical is cooking under your hood. I'd say it's a good idea to replace it, or at the very least have it tested.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

A burnt smell and/or smoke coming from a starter motor is indicative of an electrical problem with the wires and connections within a starter motor. Battery power is carried directly to a starter motor via a series of small electrical wires that attach directly to the starter solenoid. Any problem with these wires can cause a short, which can cause a burnt smell and/or smoke.
      Last edited by WhiteShift; 05-18-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

It's not heavy smoke its alittle smoke off both but when u turn it over it just clicks so I'm guessing tall are right .needs to be replaced ..I just wanna make sure

Comment

Could I push start it just to make sure it will start or will that not work cause the starter

Comment

Originally posted by johnny12 View Post
            Could I push start it just to make sure it will start or will that not work cause the starter
            If you have a manual you can. Not sure of the procedure though.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Smoke can be make by a bearing... the bearing simply start to burn.. if you don't change your starter, he will freeze soon... without starter is not the best lol its preferably for you to fix it before get big problem!...

Comment

I just replaced the starter and now all I get is click when I turn it over just click bit no smoke off ground or starter

Comment

No fuses are messed up all of them are good all connected and under the dash to ..my grounds are hooked up to one on the drivers side mount and to the power streeing pully and head then I have one connect to the bottom of the theromsat housing is there something I'm missing here...I just dropped the motor in and everything is hooked up but the o2 senor ..could someone tell me what I could check ,use,do to fix like I said before when I try to turn it over is just makes a click noise that's it I even have it on the battery charger when I try it ......any arise would help greatly

Comment

If your 100% sure all the wiring/fuse/grounds are not shorted somewhere then just take your start off and bring it in to get tested. The starter should not get warm, if it does it's an internal problem and get a new one.

my accord did the same thing several years back.
                    It turned out to be a defective starter.
                    I swapped it out with remanufacture one and never had a problem since then.

Comment

Working...
                    X