Paul Walker,Fast and Furious actor dies in car accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Walker,Fast and Furious actor dies in car accident

as I am fliiping between Under Siege (steven seagal) and the 1st "Fast/furious"

my wife tells me that Paul walker from the movie franchise was killed in a car wreck today

i checked the channel 7 ABC online and they only have the news that he is dead and more details at 11

gonna have wifey check Facebook as i do not facebook
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

that kinda sucks if its true. not that he was a good actor or anything but, still.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      that kinda sucks if its true. not that he was a good actor or anything but, still.
      Channel 5 here in NY confirmed it with a story

and I was just watching him in the first one.

only 40 years old, thats young

apparently he was a passenger in the car that crashed

Comment

Yea he died today in Valencia CA, he was the passenger in a Porsche that lost control and caught on fire. It's really sad, I wonder what's gonna happen to the fast and the furious franchise now.

CALI LIFE STYLE
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

probably cast a new person to take over the role as his "replacement"

still sad for his family

Comment

Personally I don't think it'll ever be the same without him. God took back one of his angels RIP.

Comment

Now that his death has been confirmed, I think it's worthwhile to use his tragic death as an example for the industry. I know everyone builds their cars and like to enjoy them but if you want to drive your car at the limit then take it to a track. In the proper gear under track conditions this would have, in all likelihood, never have happened. It's a shame the car scene lost such an important icon but I hope his death can help lead to a shift in the way people in the scene use their cars.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                Now that his death has been confirmed, I think it's worthwhile to use his tragic death as an example for the industry. I know everyone builds their cars and like to enjoy them but if you want to drive your car at the limit then take it to a track. In the proper gear under track conditions this would have, in all likelihood, never have happened. It's a shame the car scene lost such an important icon but I hope his death can help lead to a shift in the way people in the scene use their cars.
                The problem with this statement is he was a passenger in a car that crashed so even if "HE" did everything right by going to a track when he felt like cutting loose he had no control over the driver's actions.

I understand what you are trying to say though it is just that in this current event it had no effect on the Death of Paul Walker.

Comment

It was a Porsche... undoubtedly a 911, with the full-diaper engine placement making it fairly difficult to control, even in the hands of a skilled driver (supposedly the friend that was driving was also an accomplished driver, as was Walker himself.)
                  I got my Cadillac sideways today by goosing the gas just a little more than necessary when trying to make a quick turn before traffic reached me. I could've ended up upside down and on fire in a ditch as well... and I wasn't "pushing it to the limit." Just a small mistake in a car that makes a lot of power. A powerful 911 would be even more likely to lose control.

I'm glad nobody else was involved, but it sure is a shame to lose the star of a thoroughly enjoyable movie franchise, as well as one of our own (Walker was a legit enthusiast... he lived what his movies inspired us all to be.) Apparently he was a great guy as well... lots of charity work, always treated others well... he wasn't some douchenugget Hollywood phony. He will be missed.

I hope they find a way to complete F&F7 still, even if he has to be replaced. I agree that it won't be the same without him, though!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    It was a Porsche... undoubtedly a 911, with the full-diaper engine placement making it fairly difficult to control, even in the hands of a skilled driver (supposedly the friend that was driving was also an accomplished driver, as was Walker himself.)
                    I got my Cadillac sideways today by goosing the gas just a little more than necessary when trying to make a quick turn before traffic reached me. I could've ended up upside down and on fire in a ditch as well... and I wasn't "pushing it to the limit." Just a small mistake in a car that makes a lot of power. A powerful 911 would be even more likely to lose control.

I'm glad nobody else was involved, but it sure is a shame to lose the star of a thoroughly enjoyable movie franchise, as well as one of our own (Walker was a legit enthusiast... he lived what his movies inspired us all to be.) Apparently he was a great guy as well... lots of charity work, always treated others well... he wasn't some douchenugget Hollywood phony. He will be missed.

I hope they find a way to complete F&F7 still, even if he has to be replaced. I agree that it won't be the same without him, though!
                    he died AT a charity event to boot. i just.. ;____;
                    峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

so sad, I found out earlier and I was hoping it was just a hoax, I will definitely miss him. if they haven't finished the filming for F&F7 and have to replace him, it certainly won't be the same.

EDIT: an article with pictures of what's left of the car: http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/109902/
                      Last edited by Honda_Lady; 12-01-2013, 12:52 AM.
                      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

It was a Porsche Carrera GT, the driver was a Professional racer.

Comment

Car is in pieces.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X