Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front Hood question?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    ...Getting an expensive lightweight hood for 'weight savings' on an otherwise underpowered and overweight family sedan is just as "ricey", IMO...
    Weight savings have a function, even on a stock car it's better fuel economy. I also never thought of the cb7 as underpowered; it's one of the reasons I got mine, it had a nice amount of torque off the line. I mean, we're not talking about a 4 door 97 Civic. I had (well, the wife had) one and THAT thing was underpowered.

Mercyboy - If the hood is messed up and you want to cover it, be creative; it's what I did. But wrapping CF vinyl around it isn't the way I'd go. If you REALLY don't give a shit, but there are many reasons not to in this thread, including your own - saving money for a Skyline. If that's the way you want to go, fuck the hood. save any money you can. Why dump money into a car you don't love or plan on keeping?
    Last edited by visualpoet; 01-02-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I'd like to wrap my hood with CF vinyl, but I believe Ebay is the only place to buy enough of it to cover a whole hood. The local Autozone's stuff isn't nearly enough to do 1/4 of the hood plus at $25 a roll, not really worth it. One of these days, I'll grab some off Ebay and give it a try then post pics

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
        anyway im just saving the money instead for my funding of my future dream car.....r34 skyline while putting some money since i think im losing interest in a cb7.....!!!!!
        This too was my dream, but R34's are banned in the U.S. So unless you're buying for a strictly track car, you'll never be able to drive it on the streets legally.

Comment

there is a 98 z28 SS at college that has the cf wrap on the hood , and yea it looks sweet ass ! the only way you can tell its wrap is if he pops the hood and he painted the back of the hood black.so i say YES, it can be done and look damn good .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

It looks good but only if its done right. BTW over time it will peal off
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

locking this one now. Anything that needs to be said has been said... the rest is just whoring.

Comment

Working...
              X