Non Existant Brake Line Adapter For ABS Delete & New Hard Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Existant Brake Line Adapter For ABS Delete & New Hard Lines

Not too long ago while undergoing my H22a swap, I decided to delete my ABS from my EX coupe. In doing so, I installed a new mater cylinder, and ran all new hard lines.

Once I had mostly everything installed, I realized that one of the MC ports accepts a M12 fitting. On our cars everything else is a M10 fitting. When I originally ran the lines I used a M10 fitting, and figured I would buy a M10 to M12 female adapter to go to the MC. I've been searching forever to a fitting that would work, and it bugs me that no one makes a fitting like that. That sucks.

I was looking for a M10x1.0 female to M12x1.0 inverted male which would work great for this application. Can't find it.

My new solution is to just cut that line, put a M12x1.0 fitting one the end, and call it a day. I really don't feel like doing this, but I've gotta do what I've got do. Don't make the same mistake I did.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

yeah, you need to put an OEM 12mm fitting onto the new line, and flare it back into place.

They dont really sell fittings at 12mm... the ones they sell usually just leads out to an -3AN hose fitting, which is what you dont need.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah you will have a really hard time finding a reducing bushing of that size.... There would not be enough material to leave for an actual fitting/bushing. M16 to M10 was the smallest metric fitting I could find in any hydraulics catalog.

You will have to find an M12 fitting and replace the M10 as cp[mike] mentioned.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Yes, you guys are right. Initially, I had a M12 fitting attached to a fresh hard line, but I took it off for some reason, and then I lost it.

Time to go flaring again.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

or you can just get a different booster and master combo. Any honda will work. just make sure its a 1" bore and M10 fittings. only prelude and accord use M12

Comment

Working...
          X