Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 crank but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nomad93 View Post
    i pulled cylinder one plug and put to frame while cranking i have spark, and i have my ignition coil pulled its a external unit and i can't seem to get any readings off of it with my multimeter...
    http://www.justanswer.com/honda/1j98...ybe-month.html
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

thanks for the diagram im going back to test coil now all though i do have spark and think its fine... and the distributor i bought only aloud me to put it on one way if i spun the two prongs around 180 that connect to crank it would not go in but slipped right in the other way around.

Comment

just tested coil and everything showed up to specs on multimeter

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
          What color is the spark you are getting off the plug?
          orangish spark with blue edges...

Comment

orangish spark with blue edges...
            The spark seems a little weak, but is probably fine.
            Do you have a lot of oil down in your plugs from worn spark plug seals?
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Was this a autoparts store distributor you installed?
              often those ignitors in them are D.O.A. .
              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

no plugs were bone dry. i will check again tonight when i get off work and keep you posted

Comment

all the plugs were bone dry.

Comment

I think your ignition system is good enough. The only other things left to check are timing, fuel and compression.

Do you have 12v at the ylw/blk (colors may be wrong, I forget) wire on the injectors?
                    Does the car just keep cranking? Is there any signs that it's about to turn over?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      I think your ignition system is good enough. The only other things left to check are timing, fuel and compression.

Do you have 12v at the ylw/blk (colors may be wrong, I forget) wire on the injectors?
                      Does the car just keep cranking? Is there any signs that it's about to turn over?
                      I'm bringing home a compression test for fuel and cylinders. the car just cranks and cranks the first crank always sounds like it might go but then doesn't, i took off my air intake and blasted some carb cleaner in there while my roommate cranked it and she started to go until the carb cleaner burned up so I'm really hoping i can just focus on the fuel now because I'm almost at a dead end with this thing(also banged on fuel tank to see if anything is stuck because my fuel gauge is stuck on full) most likely cluster but worked for some dude on youtube haha

Comment

Sounds like a fuel issue then.

Have you done any deletes in your motor bay?
                        CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Sounds like a fuel issue then.

Have you done any deletes in your motor bay?
                          no deletes everything is OEM other then intake.

Comment

just bought a circuit tester should i test yellow and blk wire on the fuel rail that holsters all injectors??

Comment

just bought a circuit tester should i test yellow and blk wire on the fuel rail that holsters all injectors??
                              i didn't have the right connector to do a fuel compression test so i went ahead and pulled the gas line from the fuel rail that runs to the gas filter and primed the car nothing came out then went ahead and started to crank over the car and still no flow through gas line i know this isn't the correct way to test for fuel pressure test but i figured i would have gas come out if i did that but didn't get one drop from it..

Comment

Fuel pump/line issue.
                                Did you check your main relay?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X