Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 crank but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a1 crank but no start

ayye so i just picked up a 93 accord car was running fine with a slight jump in RPM while warming up but i fixed that by cleaning IACV. noticed that the o ring on my distributor was leaking and pulled that and replaced it car started got me home and to work the next day and no i have a crank with no start situation. it does start occasionally but quickly bogs itself out especially when i hit accelerator, asked a friend who mentioned to give the distributor a bang or two while cranking it and it may start... which in my case it did so i immediately went and got a new one but installed and same problem happened no start!!!!??? (i also put in new fuel filter)

Is the CEL on? Did you replace the entire distributor, or did you have to use some of your old parts?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Have you verified that you have proper fuel pressure and or good spark?

Comment

Are the spark wires in the correct position? Did you accidentally rotate the distributor while putting it on?

Comment

Sounds to me like the plug wires are in the wrong places. Find a diagram and make sure you have all your wires in the correct firing order on the distributor. That will cause major chugging and stalling.
          CC2 Vigor.

Comment

i replaced the whole distributor all new parts. all wires in correct order and i have good spark along with that i know that the rotor can be 180 deg. off but the distributor i bought only allows it to go on one way NO CEL.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad93 View Post
              i replaced the whole distributor all new parts. all wires in correct order and i have good spark along with that i know that the rotor can be 180 deg. off but the distributor i bought only allows it to go on one way NO CEL.

Comment

Fuel pump priming when turning key to ON position?

Comment

Have you tested the coil?
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

yes i can hear the fuel pump priming engine...?

Comment

Is the ignitor new?
                      How are you testing for spark?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        Is the ignitor new?
                        How are you testing for spark?
                        i pulled cylinder one plug and put to frame while cranking i have spark, and i have my ignition coil pulled its a external unit and i can't seem to get any readings off of it with my multimeter...

Comment

What color is the spark you are getting off the plug?
                          CB7TUNER.com
                          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

...i have my ignition coil pulled its a external unit and i can't seem to get any readings off of it with my multimeter...
                            That's a good find.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

When you installed the distributor did it just slide into place or did you have to bolt it down?

Comment

Working...
                              X