Wrong timing belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong timing belt?

I think I know the answer I just need someone to say the same thing. My new timing belt kit came today and the kit says for odyssey 2.2, f22b6. My first guess is its the same thing as the one for the f22a6 but am still worried.
    aisin p/n:thk-007
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Yes they use the same parts..... belt should be a 113RU24 A-555.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

thank you for your wisdom

Comment

Hey I messed up. The f22b6 is VTEC like the F22B1. That belt probably won't work. It is shorter than the non VTEC F22B2/B5 belt. It is the F22B2 parts that are the same as the F22A6. Sorry about that. I was thinking that the B6 was non VTEC.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Aww jeez this may hold up my swap a little. I will look at the belt when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            Hey I messed up. The f22b6 is VTEC like the F22B1.
            Actually, no you didn't! The B6 is non VTEC just like the B2. I have a 95 Odyssey w/ the B6 in it and it is definitely non VTEC. EDIT:also just compared PN's, wanted to triple check accuracy, F22A6 and F22B6 timing belts are exactly the same.
            Last edited by Granite CB7; 05-03-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Granite is right. The difference between the F22B6 and the F22B2 is the 4B camshaft. The F22B6 uses the same camshaft as the F22A6 which explains the power bump.

Side note:

I feel that the '95 Odyssey ECU is the ideal ECU for those looking to add a 4B camshaft to their F22A1/4. It does away with the need to compliment the setup with the correct intake manifold.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I knew that it was non VTEC, I'm not sure why I questioned myself... when i did, I hit google and read the first thread that came up. Some idiot on the thread I was reading said it was VTEC...and I believed it! Now even I'm falling victim to the endless misinformation found on the interwebs.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

First timing belt

I guess I am missing something about timing belt tension.
                  So got my water pump, belts and tensioners on, and can't decide if I have proper tension on this thing so I have left my cover off until I find solid information. I have watched 5 videos and read the one diy we have thats not a hosted pdf and the sticky.
                  Right now I have pushed the tensioners by hand and tightened the adjusting nut. If not for this site I would button it up and call it good. It seems good anyhow. When I follow the recomended move the crank pulley three teeth with the adjuster loose then tighten it seems to leave the balancer belt too loose.
                  Next issue, my motor is out of the car and the adjuster nut on both the motors I have sat outside of the cover. So do I install the cover with the belts all loose then put the adjuster nut on and hope I tighten properly? Or is that why I have read you move the cam gear three teeth was it clockwise? Cause the bottom cover is on already?

Comment

Working...
                  X