Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
    you are paying for the name.
    and the os that has thus far given me zero problems over two years.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
      and the os that has thus far given me zero problems over two years.
      Hell, they've given me zero problems for the last 23 years. Mac Plus FTW!

But this is not a Mac vs. PC thread (though that is typically what they turn into), I'm looking for a laptop PC and wanted some feedback from people who have or have owned one as this is my first lappy purchase. And all of the feedback has definitely helped narrow down the field.

Heading out tomorrow to see what I can find.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Like the OP said, he needs a computer for mostly CAD.

Ive never used CAD, but if you want to do intensive pic/vid editing then you cannot go wrong with MAC.

And your not just paying for the name.

Your paying for a computer that is built right, with all the necessary components being made by the same company to work with that machine....thus no problems like the majority of Windows machines(although a lot of problems are user created lol)

It's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Comment

For what your looking for CAD , Use a MAC. i have one and honestly HATING these things since day one coming from WM . . . These things are pretty fast ,VERY reliable and almost never crash/freeze. My wife bought one and i been one it since.

Although

i was looking into an Aser (WM) netbook though to use while wifeys browsing her girly sites lol.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            .. all the necessary components being made by the same company to work with that machine ..
            i'm not denying that mac is a good system for this particular application, but what you say here is completely wrong. mac uses components from several different manufacturers, and yes these components can be found in just about any system, for half the price. the only people who spend money on a mac computer are those who dont know much about them.

[edit] personally for CAD, a Q6600, a GTX250 and a 37" screen is a beast of a system. This can be built for less than $1000, including the screen.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Working...
            X