Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cruise control is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control is not working

So i just got a call from my brother telling me his cruise control stopped working and that the light on the cluster doesn't work anymore

I was wondering if anyone has actually had this problem and tried to fix it and maybe a place to start at.

i have. after checking all the fuses. i picked up a few cruise control/sunroof switches from the jy. replace the switch, and i now have cruise control.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

If the switch isn't the problem, other things to look at would be the cc unit under the dash and the actualtor itself.....

Comment

Tell him to make sure it's actually turned on on the dash. When I bought uzume, my buddy told me the CC didn't work. Within a week, I'd pushed the button on the dash, set the cruise control and sent him a video of it working. It's very easy to turn it off without noticing when cleaning the interior.

Comment

i just switched out my cc switch for the one with the cc/sunroof button. Its a cosmetic thing but my orig has only 100k on the switch (so if he doesnt have the sunroof or it doesnt work you can get my old switch) just let me know

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
            i have. after checking all the fuses. i picked up a few cruise control/sunroof switches from the jy. replace the switch, and i now have cruise control.
            Hmmm thanks for that tip, ill be sure to swap my cruise control switch with his.

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            Tell him to make sure it's actually turned on on the dash. When I bought uzume, my buddy told me the CC didn't work. Within a week, I'd pushed the button on the dash, set the cruise control and sent him a video of it working. It's very easy to turn it off without noticing when cleaning the interior.
            Yeah i double checked that on the phone . That is actually even more likely in his car because the green light in the switch doesn't work anymore

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
            i just switched out my cc switch for the one with the cc/sunroof button. Its a cosmetic thing but my orig has only 100k on the switch (so if he doesnt have the sunroof or it doesnt work you can get my old switch) just let me know
            Yeah this is an EX so we need a sunroof switch

Comment

Alright i finally took a look at it yesterday and figured it out

There is a switch for the cruise control on the clutch pedal and a rubber bumper ( The same way the brake light switch on the brake pedal works ) and the rubber bumper had fallen off so the sensor was extended. This causes the cruise control to think the clutch pedal is in all the time so it didn't work

I replaced it with one of those plastic clips that holds your door panel on and tada it worked great again. Just an FYI for future people who might have this problem.

Comment

rubber nipple!

mine was because of the rubber piece cam off fixed now!
                www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

I had the same problem, but found the solution to be that I had a brake light out... who knew?!?
                  Current
                  1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
                  Rosewood Brown
                  1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
                  Arcadia Green

Previous
                  1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
                  Bordeaux
                  1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
                  Bordeaux

Comment

Fun fact:
                    The cruise control button gets hot after prolonged use.
                    I've never left the button on and CC off, but if you go for a few hours with CC activated the button puts off some decent heat.

Comment

Working...
                    X