Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what is the difference between h22 and h22a1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the difference between h22 and h22a1?

I have searched and find the same answers usually compression. But what I really want to know is what components give the jdm version more horse power over the US version..... cam shaft, IM, pistons or in other words if I was to take my h22a1 190 hp and would like it to perform like the jdm 220 hp what would I have to swap in and BTW I know I could use after market but I choose not to I want to keep it as oem as possible

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Originally posted by Lecco View Post
    I have searched and find the same answers usually compression. But what I really want to know is what components give the jdm version more horse power over the US version..... cam shaft, IM, pistons or in other words if I was to take my h22a1 190 hp and would like it to perform like the jdm 220 hp what would I have to swap in and BTW I know I could use after market but I choose not to I want to keep it as oem as possible
    Search H22a Type S

Comment

if you're looking for extra power, there are easier solutions than swapping parts.

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

not entirely true.

the JDM H22A came in 3 power guises.

190PS, 200PS and 220PS

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
        Honda Accord Euro-R
        Honda Odyssey Absolute
        Honda City I-DSi
        Honda Stream

Comment

you actually answered your own question.

One is compression. Just even a slight bump in compression will net gains.

You are also correct that are different cams as well. A more aggressive cam will also give a substantial boost in hp. Take the a1 vs a6 f22...of course the intake is a bit different on those two as well as tuning.

Do all the h22's have IAB plates?

Also, JDM engines don't have the emissions standards we have in the U.S., most emissions items lower hp. So one from Japan without the U.S. emissions will have higher power...course you'll have to convert it to the U.S. standards (or those of the country you live in) once you install the engine.

So you've got higher compression, more aggressive cam, less stringent emissions. I would assume the ecu has a different tune as well but I can't say for sure. All those can add up to a 30hp gain...hell...look at the hp gained by going from a1 to a6! Same things really.
          Last edited by bcjammerx; 04-18-2010, 06:32 AM.
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            Search H22a Type S
            I'll already did that's how I guess piston and cam shaft

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
              if you're looking for extra power, there are easier solutions than swapping parts.
              Who wouldn't want more power? but no I just want to understand the H family differences better.

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
              not entirely true.

the JDM H22A came in 3 power guises.

190PS, 200PS and 220PS
              You sir are correct. but for what I understand from 190 to 200 is the exact same engine but compression 10:1 to 10:6:1, but to 220 (11:1 I think) I figure there have to be more than just piston differences

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              you actually answered your own question.

One is compression. Just even a slight bump in compression will net gains.

You are also correct that are different cams as well. A more aggressive cam will also give a substantial boost in hp. Take the a1 vs a6 f22...of course the intake is a bit different on those two as well as tuning.

Do all the h22's have IAB plates?

Also, JDM engines don't have the emissions standards we have in the U.S., most emissions items lower hp. So one from Japan without the U.S. emissions will have higher power...course you'll have to convert it to the U.S. standards (or those of the country you live in) once you install the engine.

So you've got higher compression, more aggressive cam, less stringent emissions. I would assume the ecu has a different tune as well but I can't say for sure. All those can add up to a 30hp gain...hell...look at the hp gained by going from a1 to a6! Same things really.

Well I guess I kind of did. I have read a lot and want it to clear things up nobody really goes into detail, thats what I was trying to do here and hear it from somebody else. BTW thanks

Now I wonder I much horse power do the US guys lose when installing emission components

Comment

You sir are correct. but for what I understand from 190 to 200 is the exact same engine but compression 10:1 to 10:6:1, but to 220 (11:1 I think) I figure there have to be more than just piston differences
                Not just compression per se.

the 190 and 200 versions have slightly different intakes, and it is said that the 200 version has different cams too. This has yet to be verified with a vernier caliper.

the 220 version runs different cams, different intake as well as different header.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  Now I wonder I much horse power do the US guys lose when installing emission components
                  There are no emission components to install.

There is no difference in emissions equipment/parts between the OBDI H22A and the H22A1, at least on the outside of the motor. The ECU doesn't even make any difference in the emissions test. I have done the California smog test with both the USDM P13 and the JDM P13 with same results, not to mention a number of other guys in Socal that have passed smog with the H22A and JDM P13.

Sure, the JDM H22 comes with the airboost valve blocked off, but this valve has nothing to do with emissions.

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

So are there any gains from having a jdm p13 instead of a usdm p13?

Comment

Working...
                    X