Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

08 Accord hit by F-150 travelling 100MPH. Driver walks away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 Accord hit by F-150 travelling 100MPH. Driver walks away.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=802711

You might not like the way it looks, but it is hard to argue against this...
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Impressive.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Wow that's just amazing.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Of course it is technically a collision at about 30 mph, he was going 74, they were doing 100+

But with that point aside, it looks very survivable considering it flipped 3-4 times, if he hadn't worn his seat belt he would probably be dead.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

OMG! Holy Shit!!!
          well i know my car can take a hit and a flip.
          Last edited by benjerman112; 12-04-2008, 02:14 AM.
          Freedom Is Not Free
          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

wow..and the pickup fled the scene.

Comment

glad that guy was ok. what does ACE body structure mean?

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

honda should use this story for marketing purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair View Post
                  Of course it is technically a collision at about 30 mph, he was going 74, they were doing 100+

But with that point aside, it looks very survivable considering it flipped 3-4 times, if he hadn't worn his seat belt he would probably be dead.
                  Yes, but technically, that truck is a lot heavier, would have transferred much of its force into the Accord, but the real deal kicker is the 4 summersault stop from 75+ MPH with nary a scratch. And the passenger vessel was remarkably intact, which means this wasn't just some miracle of devine intervention.

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
                    glad that guy was ok. what does ACE body structure mean?
                    It means "Advanced Compatibility Engineering."

Essentially, they put more high strength steel in strategic locations and design the structure so that it minimizes impact damage to the occupants in a crash. The real kicker with ACE though it that it is designed to work with trucks, SUV's, cars, and pedestrians, which is why if you view the Accord from the side, it has a very upright and squarish looking nose. It was also designed with rollover protection in mind.

The ACE body structure is essentially what is allowing Honda to meet the highest NHTSA crash requirements, which get harder and harder every year.

You always hear the references of "little tin can cars" essentially used mostly in a derogatory fashion towards imports, because the Cadillacs of yore didn't bend in a collision. The problem with that is the in a crash SOMETHING absorbs the force. If it isn't the car, then it is usually the passengers. Modern cars are design to crumple in a controlled fashion AROUND the passengers so that the car takes the impact, instead of the people inside of it. As long as the car is protecting the passengers, then all is well. Also, bigger doesn't necessarily mean safer. It has been proven more than once by these tests and other statistics that the passengers in a Civic are safer in a rear end collision than the passengers in a Tahoe/Suburban. They have a lower injury rate, and a lower serious injury rate.

After all, if bigger was better, then a plane crash would be a VERY safe place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      After all, if bigger was better, then a plane crash would be a VERY safe place to be.

And I find it amazing that he just walked away from that. It just goes to show how much safer the new cars are getting.
                      Originally posted by deevergote.
                      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

oh man

Comment

Wow...Good Honda build quality or extreme good luck....?

Yeah, that guys pretty lucky. Car dont look too bad considering. Airbags everywhere...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

honda power.
                            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

now the rebuild begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X