No announcement yet.

TypeG : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh! back to oem clear bumper lenses.. I was waiting for that. I like that look alot better.

Cleans out the front end like it should be.

Comment

yeah, i like the way the oem bumper lights look also. it's something i meant to do for a while, mostly because one of the tinted ones were cracked, but i really liked them too.

later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Dude must have a ton of Patience! Great car love it!!

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

hey you had a mini diy about polishing stock alloys but i cant find it

can you send me the link?

Comment

Originally posted by life_shift View Post
            hey you had a mini diy about polishing stock alloys but i cant find it

can you send me the link?
            i never had one, but it's pretty simple. you just get some mag and aluminum polish and a powerball. that will work for the clearcoat on them.

if you want to actually polish the metal under the clear, then that's a whole different process. later.

Comment

really????

hmm maybe it was someone else

anywho, what would the process be to polish the metal under the clear?

Comment

strip off old clear with aircraft stripper
                sand off machine lines with 320g, then 400, 600, 1000, 2000g, then metal polish.

it's a lot of work, but it may be work it to you if you really like a mirror finish.

make sure you protect yourself from metal dust. later.

Comment

hmm sounds doable, with it constantly being exposed to the elements, would you recommend that i put a clear coat over the bare polished metal once im done? or will it be fine left polished? Or is it just a matter of continual upkeep and polishing of the polished wheel?

I just dont want them to start rusting on me if i do this haha

Comment

well, most of the time, it's fine being left bare metal. however, if you live somewhere that salts the roads, you might want to add a clear powdercoat as a clearcoat paint wouldn't stick. you'd also have to be more careful with what you used on them. bare aluminum is sensitive to things like purple power and other harsh chemicals.

if it were me, i'd just polish the clearcoat. it's tons less work and up keep., but like i said, it's worth it if you really like it. later.

Comment

How much would you charge me to polish my wheels for? Lol

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

can you tell me the advantages to the cl 3.0 struts? I may snag a set for my eibach pro kit if they'll work a little bet better than stock..

Comment

Originally posted by ksucd5 View Post
                          can you tell me the advantages to the cl 3.0 struts? I may snag a set for my eibach pro kit if they'll work a little bet better than stock..
                          you should be getting better shocks than stock anyway if you are going with better springs.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

WOW... everything is so shiny !!
                            Nice clean ride man..I like it.
                            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by ksucd5 View Post
                              there is no advantage. they feel identical to the accord struts. to me, there's a disadvantage because you can't go as low with them. they are longer than the accord struts.

the only reason i have them is because they were given to me from a friend. they were pretty much brand new also, which would explain how they have lasted for years without blowing.

thanks for the compliments guys. later.

Comment

where is my hood prop?
                                1993 Honda Accord LX
                                2006 Yamaha R6
                                2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Working...
                                X