Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much hub-bub do the potholes around you generate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much hub-bub do the potholes around you generate?

I'm aware everyone has potholes and complains about them, but this year it seems like the news it making an extremely big deal of it.
    Both of the pothole problem, and the road commission running out of money to fix it.

I know I'll get more of the Detroit news then someone who lives in Florida, but is everyone else in the nation getting bombarded with news about Detroits potholes too?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

potholes are small potatos when it comes to news.......However I did hear by word of mouth the potholes are pretty bad, well they are bad here too. I'm glad the oldsmobile just sails over them, I would've wrecked my Honda by now.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

not this bad..

But if youre not paying attention..Ive nailed a couple that made me cringe. Luckily ive been running fat tires and medium low air pressures.

Pretty nice reciprocal scam they got..fix the roads then run the plows and chew em up, repeat.

Nothing news worthy though, they like using tar and chip in my town so its patch upon patch, In peoria not too bad on the surface streets, interstates alright. There have been patch crews out Ive seen lately. Once this cold weather breaks theyll be out in force Im sure. Glad Im not running 17's with 45s.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        potholes are small potatos when it comes to news.......However I did hear by word of mouth the potholes are pretty bad, well they are bad here too. I'm glad the oldsmobile just sails over them, I would've wrecked my Honda by now.
        You aren't kidding, man. I can sail over speed bumps and potholes and barely notice them in the Caprice. I will say though, if I go over a speed bump diagonally, all hell breaks loose, lol.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

In Omaha, the potholes swallow gti's. That actually happened on Dahlman ave. There are a few roads that perrenially get potholes large enough to get stuck in and the city is a bunch of bitches about doing anything about it. Some of the roads were originally engineered by retards and so the water doesn't actually get to the drains correctly and that causes all kinds of hell. I live in the older part of town, and so in my part of the city shit is all fucked up. Under layers of cement and patches, there are actually brick roads. You know the pothole has gotten out of control when the brick is gone. Hole is like 10" deep at that point.

They also put liquid rust(liquid something that rusts anything) on the ground to deal with ice/snow, and that is bullshit too. Vehicles generally rust in 6-8 years here. Its pathetic. The cars in general all look like ass if they are 5+ years old because of rust and the liquid shits affect on clear coat. The liquid stuff will pit aluminum rims in a winter, its that bad.

And the city could give no fucks and people are just forced to deal with it. Whats worse is they do nothing to clean any of this shit off the roads after a storm. So, for weeks afterwards you get white dust build up of the shit dried out, and that shit rusts worse that anything and always gets caught in the creases of bodylines and shit. Bascially assuring you will see rust soon.

Fuck the damn city for that.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

This is why I had to leave the north. The high traffic and frost heaves absolutely destroy the roads. I'm in NC now and the roads are glass smooth. I don't think I've ever SEEN a pothole down here.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Potholes are caking down here I sent two of my guys down there near the highway. No bullshit I made 400 in 1 hour from the dominos effect. When I go to help one guy out he's in and outta there. Then the next person comes to me like can I use the jack I tell them that'll be 50 bucks they pay it cause they don't want to wait on Tripple A to come through.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                You aren't kidding, man. I can sail over speed bumps and potholes and barely notice them in the Caprice. I will say though, if I go over a speed bump diagonally, all hell breaks loose, lol.
                You need a rear sway bar. I added a Crown Vic bar to the wagon because the rear was all over the place when I was drifting thru the snow.

PM'd you.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                X