X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$287

A dam window for illegal tint. Fml I can't afford that ticket
    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

That sucks. A little high if you ask me. What state are you in?

In my state you can have what ever on the back glass and back windows.

On the front windows no darker than 30%.

On the windshield not past AS1.

And honestly... anything darker than 30% looks like a crappy drug dealers car.

I have 30% all the way around. Imo it looks good. I get plenty of compliments on it.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Peel it off and go to court. They'll dismiss the charges and you'll only be responsible for court fees.

Don't bitch about penalties when you're the one breaking the law. It's your responsibility to know and obey the laws. If you break them, it should be with the understanding of what the consequences are for doing so. If you're not even aware of the consequences... well... ignorance is no excuse.

While I'd like to tint my windows, I understand why the law forbids it. A routine traffic stop is one of the most dangerous things a police officer can do. Being unable to see inside a vehicle with tinted windows makes that danger exponentially greater. There could be a .45 behind that tinted glass, carefully aimed at the officer's head... and he'd never know it. If I was a cop, I'd probably take personal offense to illegally tinted windows. That's basically saying "I don't give a damn about the laws put in place for your safety, officer!"

Comment

Having it peeled off will most likely cost him about the same as the ticket. Still, I would just suck it up and do it. Another ticket by the same officer in the future is likely. I have seen that happen.

As far as police stops, in mo you can have 2 layers of 2% tint on the back and thats legal.

Mine had 15% when I got it. I payed $250 for 30% tint with a MO legal brow. I payed $275 to get all the old tint off. It took 2 hours to tint, and 5 to peel all the old stuff off.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

He can remove the tint himself. It's a pain in the ass to do... but not beyond the abilities of anyone with opposable thumbs and half a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            He can remove the tint himself. It's a pain in the ass to do... but not beyond the abilities of anyone with opposable thumbs and half a brain.
            It looks like shit afterward if you just peel it off.

You can get the solvent but its still hours worth of work. At the tint clinic the guy said someone worked an entire day on one and still had to take it to them.

And as for the rear defroster lines, idk if i would want to mess with those. If someone else messes them up they are liable. Thats just my opinion.

Comment

I agree with the defroster lines. That's going to be a mess, even for a pro. Might be cheaper just to replace the whole rear window!

And yeah... the rest is total pain in the ass to do, but it's doable. Razor blades, GooGone, lots of patience, and curse words in multiple languages will get anyone through the ordeal eventually.

Comment

Hit the glass with the black plastic bag and some water/soap degreaser mix trick; leave it in the sun for an hour and it will be alot easier to peel off, thank goodness I was able to use that little trick to pull off my 15 year old tint that was baked on my CB7.

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                  That sucks. A little high if you ask me. What state are you in?

In my state you can have what ever on the back glass and back windows.

On the front windows no darker than 30%.

On the windshield not past AS1.

And honestly... anything darker than 30% looks like a crappy drug dealers car.

I have 30% all the way around. Imo it looks good. I get plenty of compliments on it.
                  I live in Hawaii. Everyone in my city drives a cb7 with illegal tint. Not sayin I'm tryin to be a follower, it's just really hot here and ac + dark tint = very comfortable IMO. Btw I was considering legal tint. Do u have a ride thread so I can see how yours look?

Peel it off and go to court. They'll dismiss the charges and you'll only be responsible for court fees.

Don't bitch about penalties when you're the one breaking the law. It's your responsibility to know and obey the laws. If you break them, it should be with the understanding of what the consequences are for doing so. If you're not even aware of the consequences... well... ignorance is no excuse.

Ya I guess I didn't realize that my opinion on a overpriced ticket was bitching. I just can't believe the charges and its per window! I use tint so block out the sun and I thought that dark tint was illegal bc it's a safety hazard to the driver being its harder to see at night. A gun pointed at an officer through a tinted window sounds unlikely and it'll be easily rocognized because the window would shatter in a million pieces . Anyway thanx on the tip on removing the tint. Yes I can do it myself I have before. Also off topic, have u eer thought of makin an app for this page? Make it to where its easy to upload pics straight to ur phone. Add some cool features and charge 99 cents? I think you'd make a lot more the u do off stickers.

While I'd like to tint my windows, I understand why the law forbids it. A routine traffic stop is one of the most dangerous things a police officer can do. Being unable to see inside a vehicle with tinted windows makes that danger exponentially greater. There could be a .45 behind that tinted glass, carefully aimed at the officer's head... and he'd never know it. If I was a cop, I'd probably take personal offense to illegally tinted windows. That's basically saying "I don't give a damn about the laws put in place for your safety, officer!"
                  BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

"everyone else does it" is definitely not an excuse.

Maybe it'd be cheaper to go to an eye doctor and have him say you need the tint due to light sensitivity. How are you eyes?

Comment

Lol is that really possible ? I really like the tint. I also really like the look. Il just take it off. save the money and stress. I guess I have a project when I get home.
                      BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

I'm not 100% sure it's possible, but you could always call a doctor and ask. Don't tell them that you want an out for having illegal tint... tell them that the sun hurts your eyes, and that the tint helps you when driving.
                        Even with a note, it's still possible that a judge will say that the tint has to come off, and that you should just get a good pair of sunglasses.

removing it is the only way to ensure you don't get hassled again, and that you get out of this ticket.

I know junkyards in Hawaii aren't very common... but if you can find one with a CB7, you could always pick up some non-tinted windows. Toss em in, get the charges dismissed... and if you want to risk it again, swap the tinted ones back in. The only one that won't be easy is the rear window. Everything else shouldn't take you more than an hour or so to swap out.

Comment

But I like to think (at least I do) that most law abiding
                          people will have their windows rolled down by the time the cop walks up.
                          I've even turned my dome lights on before.

Never gotten tickets when I did that.

If this were standard, then a cop could assume
                          rolled up tinted windows = Drug dealer with a gun

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
                          Lol is that really possible ? I really like the tint. I also really like the look. Il just take it off. save the money and stress. I guess I have a project when I get home.
                          Yes. It's rather similar to getting a prescription from your doctor for weed.
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Here in Cali after a fix-it ticket, you get the car inspected after removing the tint ($35 charge). Or if you know a CHP, Sheriff or Police officer, then they can sign the ticket confirming that it has been fixed. Then show up for your court date. There you can often get the fine reduced and sometimes dismissed depending on the offense.

FYI.
                            I tried this method on my z32 and it worked well.

Last edited by Tishock; 08-21-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

well since people are suggesting semi unethical possibly illegal methods of keeping your tint and not paying a fine.

I would take a pic of a accord locally or find one online. (but its better locally) and swap plates via photo shop or on the spot when you take a pic. Yes this is illegal and has a federal offense but I mean, OJ got away with murder and Im sure judges have more to do than give you shit for your tint.

Comment

Working...
                              X