Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 90 Hatch W/F22a1 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 90 Hatch W/F22a1 swap.

Updated/Turbo pics are starting on page 13!

Ok, heres some pics.
    This is what I started with... a retarded lil 1.5 dpfi that maybe pushed 75 horsepower.
    This is about halfway done.

Here is pretty current.

Febuary 4th I will have quartermile times as long as it doesn't rain.
    But ya. We did everything by ourselves. Motor mounts, wiring dpfi obd0 to mpfi obd1. 4 speed direct to 5 speed cable. Alternator bracket. Axles had to be cut and welded. Accord inners and civic outers. customized rad hoses. So much stuff I cant even begin to list it. Very happy with the results and was very inexpensive because we did it ourselves. Engine was 100 dollars.
    Performance wise, it is just like all your accords out there exept a few lil details.
    -No P/S or A/C along with pulley.
    -Intake/Headers/Exaust
    -Catch can(works great)
    -35 shot wet nitrous(still yet to use)
    -Copper dist. cap
    -Accel 8mm wires
    -Ngk iridium plugs
    -Synthetic racing oil in trans and engine
    -Apexi neo
    We'll see what she runs for now then decide what to do next. An maybe I'll get some better pictures too.

Ok, so here is the update, I decided to add the pictures of some of what we did to the engine bay.

Ok, so that was pounded out, and the mount there actualy ended up getting taken out and we put in our own mount to greet the accord engine nicely as you can see in this pic.

Then the other side was beat out and we added our own plates that would join the engine mounts nicely there too.

So then that bolted up nicely also with some L shaped brackets.

The pulley is larger and sits were going down the freeway it was trying to rub so we heated it up and modified it alitle bit.

And here are some dead axles. All worth it though.lol
    Last edited by F22HB; 01-16-2008, 02:44 AM.

good job. that's the most sassy honda swap i've seen. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Pictures by D112crzy at the Jan 13th NW Grub & Roll

Last edited by F22HB; 01-16-2008, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Loving It! I'm Feeling The Swap, Rare Very Rare!
        Your Car Has Become The Only Civic I Like.

Comment

haha, ya, its an accord at heart....literaly.lol

Comment

i suggest you swap the intake manifold for a a6/h23 and you would love it that much more, even do an a6 while you are at it

any vids of it in action
            Members Ride

Comment

Not really. I got this crappy ish but when I go to the track next sunday I'll get vid from that.

Little pre-warning, this video sucks.lol

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1784096911

Comment

dude, i must say that that is one sic swap. as some one who owns both vehicles myself, ive got to say that youve got the best of both worlds.
                Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                  good job. that's the most sassy honda swap i've seen. later.

I agree!!!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                  1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Thnx. oh an btw, my nitrous kit is on the way!!! I'm so excited. I hope it gets here before sunday so I can spray at the track and get some real times!!!
                    Anyone have an opinion on how the beastofa2.2 does with nitrous? Its a wet kit and I'm planning a 35 shot and no more than a 50.

Comment

that's the best motor swap i've seen on a civic lately. what tranny are you using?

Comment

Stock 92 accord trans. I was considering an H22 LSD trans but that would defeat the point.

Comment

Wow never see nothing like this very creative man.
                          [

Comment

yup. I figure I could have got a b16 er somthin but everybody does that. So for 100$ I got a complete accord that was in an accident and pulled all the ish I needed and parted the rest. Proud to be the first one to decide to do it though! I posted it on Hondaswap.com as I was doing it and a few other people are thinking of doing it now.

Comment

hey so was it a direct drop in swap or you have to use the accord mounts and etc. part to make it the beast that it is right now?
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X