Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People can be so ignorant when it comes to christmas.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
    his actual birth date is unknown. The date of commemoration (December 25th) is not known to be Jesus' actual birthday, and may have initially been chosen to correspond with either the day exactly nine months after some early Christians believed Jesus had been conceived, or the winter solstice.

....and people used to get taught the world was flat, and they believed it for the longest time. You can't believe every single thing you are told without a little research on your own.
    christmas is the celebration of the winter solstice. the Christian faith used the celebration of christmas to take away from the faiths that celebrated it back in the crusades. Those of christian faith did a lot of things like that. same with halloween. All hallows eve was a day to remember the dead and past friends and family. the costumes and masks were for disguises against any spirits that happened to be less than friendly.

I had actually learned in school that Jesus's true date of birth was early to mid october actually. The date in April is supposed to be his re-birth. Now of course none of this matters much because they are all americanized and mean close to nothing to most people. Those that still have a lot of faith in the original holidays and celebrations are usually considered crazy.

but most of the confusion on this subject is because of the early christian crusades taking credit from other faiths, or mirroring other faiths.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
      exactly, one time this guy thought he could a coca cola bottle, but instead he accidentally a coca cola bottle.
      Wha??

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

yes, the whole thing. is this bad?

Comment

I accidentally this thread.
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            christmas is the celebration of the winter solstice. the Christian faith used the celebration of christmas to take away from the faiths that celebrated it back in the crusades. Those of christian faith did a lot of things like that. same with halloween. All hallows eve was a day to remember the dead and past friends and family. the costumes and masks were for disguises against any spirits that happened to be less than friendly.

I had actually learned in school that Jesus's true date of birth was early to mid october actually. The date in April is supposed to be his re-birth. Now of course none of this matters much because they are all americanized and mean close to nothing to most people. Those that still have a lot of faith in the original holidays and celebrations are usually considered crazy.

but most of the confusion on this subject is because of the early christian crusades taking credit from other faiths, or mirroring other faiths.

Correction. Christmas commemorates the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. No one knows for sure Jesus' true birth date.

Halloween's origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain. The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31, they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter.

..It was not to remember the dead as you mentioned.

..and as for costumes...
            During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other's fortunes. When the celebration was over, they re-lit their hearth fires, which they had extinguished earlier that evening, from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

the mercheants intented christmas. the december 25th is acually based off the sun god i think during the romans times. so the mercheants combined jesus birthdate to the other religions and came up chrismas,

and the chrismas tree? came from Nimrod. when he died his Mother/wife told the people that that tree stump is nimrod when he died worship that tree stump. and then it sprouted twigs hence the chrismas tree.

if you think if it most religous holidays don't acually reflect god jesus or anything in the orginal bible hebrew and greek texts.

this is all invented to get more people to either spend more money or worship something else except the true way the bible said.
              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie View Post
                the mercheants intented christmas. the december 25th is acually based off the sun god i think during the romans times. so the mercheants combined jesus birthdate to the other religions and came up chrismas,

and the chrismas tree? came from Nimrod. when he died his Mother/wife told the people that that tree stump is nimrod when he died worship that tree stump. and then it sprouted twigs hence the chrismas tree.

if you think if it most religous holidays don't acually reflect god jesus or anything in the orginal bible hebrew and greek texts.

this is all invented to get more people to either spend more money or worship something else except the true way the bible said.
                english owns you. Your first sentence isnt even a sentence. Please start over.

Comment

Yeah, and grandma used to take tissue paper and needles to wrap the presents because wrapping paper with pretty little trees and candy canes on it wasn't invented yet.

"The true way the bible said". Really? Which one are you reading? The one that's been edited over and over and over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
                    lol feels like one of those clips

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Who cares? Maybe I'm not religious but I still want to give gifts?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

Although a Christian holiday, Christmas is widely celebrated by many non-Christians, and some of its popular celebratory customs have pre-Christian or secular themes and origins. Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift-giving, music, an exchange of greeting cards, church celebrations, a special meal, and the display of various decorations; including Christmas trees, lights, and garlands, mistletoe, nativity scenes, and holly. In addition, Father Christmas (known as Santa Claus in some areas, including North America, Australia and Ireland) is a popular mythological figure in many countries, associated with the bringing of gifts for children.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post

yes this is what iv heard

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
                          Correction. Christmas commemorates the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. No one knows for sure Jesus' true birth date.

Halloween's origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain. The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31, they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter.

..It was not to remember the dead as you mentioned.

..and as for costumes...
                          During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other's fortunes. When the celebration was over, they re-lit their hearth fires, which they had extinguished earlier that evening, from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter.
                          correction ......you both are right.. not just you so deal with that

many different cultures during many time periods celebrated a form of these holidays and made the holidays what they are today
                          Last edited by Bcozzi71; 12-19-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Most Christian holidays coincide with the holidays of older religions. This was done in an effort to make conversion more appealing (look, you don't have to change the days on which you celebrate!)

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              I agree, who gives a fuck what it means. all i know is that im going to sin city the day after! w00t!
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Too much boring going on in here!

Comment

Working...
                                X