Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    "tip-tronic"... and that's a VW term.

Anyway, I believe a few other members are actually working on creating a custom controlled TCU... I believe it's wildbill83 and cloudasc.
    lol apples, donkeys, same shit hahah.
    Yea but they're doing it for the F series right? I wanna do one for the J
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping for a DIY somewheres. Lol... I seen a 6 speed J series for sale on kijiji in my area for $1200 last week:/... Was hoping to jam one in my 9.
      Last edited by Binladin; 03-03-2013, 04:31 AM. Reason: Ep
      4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
        Yeah, I was hoping for a DIY somewheres. Lol... I seen a 6 speed J series for sale on kijiji in my area for $1200 last week:/... Was hoping to jam one in my 9.

If you'd like, and i'd need a little time because i'm just in the beginning stages of mine, I'm doing this swap using the J37 into my Cb7. Currently waiting on an adapter plate so that I can use the Manual J32 Transmission from the 03 CL type S. Once I have that my build is going forward and i'll gladly do a DIY, but my process would be different from someone elses who would be doing a straight j32 or j35 drop in.

I definitely plan on posting pics of the build as I go tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
          Rather than waiting for a DIY, why not figure it out yourself and sharing your findings?

Comment

Brian @ hasport is already producing mounts for the civics and crx, same guy that produced the K-mounts for the cb chassis, im sure if enough interest was raised something would happen. If there is a market for it, somebody will always supply....

Comment

2point6 was a key part of the K-swap mounts for the CB... so yeah, with enough interest, and a willing and competent person to help with the design and testing, I'm sure Hasport would be more than willing to make it work.

I believe a member here is also in the process of making J swap parts for the CB, but I'll let him advertise that on his own (I don't want to send people breathing down his neck until he's ready for it!)

Comment

I still think the big key to making the J more mainstream will be coming with a solution to mate it to the K transmissions

The J transmission is the biggest road block. Rare + expensive as hell.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  I still think the big key to making the J more mainstream will be coming with a solution to mate it to the K transmissions

The J transmission is the biggest road block. Rare + expensive as hell.
                  Not as rare as you think. The cl trans is the hardest to find. 03-07 accord v6 can be found for less than $700. Also unless you are trying to do a shit load a fabrication. You're not using a kseries tranny on a jseries motor. Kseries starter mounts to the motor, jseries mounts to the trans.
                  MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

The only problem with making a mount kit for the J in this chassis and using the factory driver side mount bracket is, the engine will sit too far forward. The further forward you go with this engine the more axle problems you are going to have not to mention front chassis balance. Very important in an engine this heavy. The only way I found to mount it and keep everything proper was to make a new driver side frame rail bracket(replace the factory unit) and move the whole thing as close to the firewall as possible.

So with all that being said I doubt I will ever make a "bolt in" mount kit because its going to be prone to problems BUT I will install them in house for anyone that wants it. And for all you guys that are far away, I do provide discounts for out of town customers.

Im not saying it cant be done. With an elaborate trans mount, trans mount bracket and and some serious trial and error it could be done, but I am a small shop and dont have the funding and the resources to engineer them. Unless of course someone payed me to do so.

Hes also right about the K tranny, it wont work. But like stated above there are more options than the TL 6 speed. Theres also the triptronic option. The transmissions dont last that long but they are a dime a dozen, cheap and work rather well. I put one in an integra last year. BUT, at this time, a stock ECU will have to be used for that trans.
                    ODBWeldingWerks
                    Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Dream swap right here. Imagine all the torque we'd have. Wouldnt have to build up the engine that much at all . Exhaust , Intake & ignition and we'd be scoootin with a reliable setup. Its definitely the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X