Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 smash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 smash

hey guys, bad news last friday my friend was driving my cb, i know it was stupid letting him drive. we were driving, came near a round about and he lost control of the car. i hit the kerb on the front left tyre. was pretty hard. hit the tyre on the side. then checked the front. the tow hook underneath was bent really bad. car pulls on the right a lot.
    got quoted arounnd $2000 to get it fixed properly.

took me 6 months to find an accord in proper shape with no accident and now this.

any suggestions?. will upload pics as soon as i get some

thanks

If you want to get it fixed I wouldn't have it done any way but the right way. And if it were my car I'd ditch it for another, especially considering a good CB can be had for 2k, even less. Something about driving around in a vehicle that was twisted and then twisted back doesn't sit well in my mind... structural integrity has got to be lost at least a bit there and you may get in a much worse accident down the line. I guess it depends on the extent of the damage; if it's just some suspension bits that need replacing, by all means fix it.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-15-2011, 09:26 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

He's in Australia, so the availability of CBs may be a bit less than in the US. $2000 to fix it may be worth the price, considering a good replacement may be hard to come by.

It is true though, that even if it is fixed, it may never be the same again.

Comment

yes sir. it was pretty bad. probably on the mechanical side, tie rod end and steering tie end (if thats what its called) would be at least bent, thats the minimum. theres more maybe. the front tow hook is pretty much bent. and the big bolts on the traction bar? (where the front engine mounts onto, the very big bar) are actually BENT, got hit pretty bad.

yeh, once its hit, i dont like the idea of fixing it. its never going to be as it used to be. same with my civic after it got smashed, i got rid of it.

but im always unlucky, my civic was parked, car ran into a bike and ended up into mine, both car and bike.

now the accord. seriously took me 6 months to find that one without accident, low Ks, clean inside out.

im not sure ill be lucky to find another accord soon, but my dad wants me to part the whole car and ship it to mauritius. doors, hood, trunk. engine, interior. we have a CB3 there

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          He's in Australia, so the availability of CBs may be a bit less than in the US. $2000 to fix it may be worth the price, considering a good replacement may be hard to come by.

It is true though, that even if it is fixed, it may never be the same again.
          im already looking for another one already came up to a dark blue one, looks decent. then if i dont find it, ill wreck the car and send it to mauritius

ill have to check it out first. because the one i owned, had no rust. was put on the hoist before i bought it.

i shouldnt have let my friend drive

ill keep you guys updated.

Comment

At least you'll have plenty of good parts for the CB3!

You can find another good one. Just take your time and search. Low Ks mean less than good cosmetic condition. You are, afterall, going to be modifying and restoring the car anyway.

"traction bar" is an upgraded part. The part you are referring to is the front crossmember. A traction bar replaces that part. But yes, I know what you mean.

My car was hit before I got it. I didn't know, because it was repaired... somewhat. When I installed a traction bar, it wouldn't line up because the front end wasn't 100% straight. I'm still keeping my car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              At least you'll have plenty of good parts for the CB3!

You can find another good one. Just take your time and search. Low Ks mean less than good cosmetic condition. You are, afterall, going to be modifying and restoring the car anyway.

"traction bar" is an upgraded part. The part you are referring to is the front crossmember. A traction bar replaces that part. But yes, I know what you mean.
              yep the cb3 will have parts. but because i will be going back to Mauritius to live there in 2-3 years, i might aswell wait till i get there and start working on my cb3. instead of building one here.

yes sir. the one i have in australia, body was in perfect condition

update with pics soon about the damage

Comment

All 3 of my cb's were in accidents and then covered up once you take the bumper you notice everything is bent People need to learn how to drive

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                Originally posted by keepinitclean
                I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Working...
                X