h22 swap shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baby-j View Post
    Which is better? an obd1 or an obd2? or theres really no difference?
    Whichever there are a few differences, obd2 uses open deck design as oppose to closed deck and has aluiminum oil pan

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
    4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
    yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
    1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
    1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Flo i got some parts that can assist in ease of installation from my F>H swap u kno where to find me son IN THE HOOD lolzz....

Baby-J ur in good hands he will take good care of ur CB7!
      Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

h22 swap

thx for all your help guys i really need all the info and help i can get
        Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
        Flo i got some parts that can assist in ease of installation from my F>H swap u kno where to find me son IN THE HOOD lolzz....

Baby-J ur in good hands he will take good care of ur CB7!

Comment

From what I know the OBD2 is a bit cheaper but you'll have to spend that money you saved or more to covert it back to OBD1. It's easier swap in a OBD1 H22A for sure.

Also Tiger Japanese is a hit or miss company. The support and staff are terrible but have dirt cheap prices, also if you have a problem good luck getting help. I haven't been in the warehouse but this is what it looked like a couple weeks ago when my bud went to look for a motor.

And yeah, 90blackcoupe and GBA both have H22A's already so they know what's up with a swap. I'd trust them if I were you.
          Current:
          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
            From what I know the OBD2 is a bit cheaper but you'll have to spend that money you saved or more to covert it back to OBD1. It's easier swap in a OBD1 H22A for sure.

Also Tiger Japanese is a hit or miss company. The support and staff are terrible but have dirt cheap prices, also if you have a problem good luck getting help. I haven't been in the warehouse but this is what it looked like a couple weeks ago when my bud went to look for a motor.

And yeah, 90blackcoupe and GBA both have H22A's already so they know what's up with a swap. I'd trust them if I were you.
            Actually obd2 is not cheaper then obd1 how ccould that be its newer.. Trust me I know I just bought mines over a month ago, and converting is easier then you think I've done it.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

h22 swap

Wheres the best place to get a motor? and i could do an obd2 with not more cost?
              Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
              Actually obd2 is not cheaper then obd1 how ccould that be its newer.. Trust me I know I just bought mines over a month ago, and converting is easier then you think I've done it.

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
                Ah haha, my mistake. I have no idea where I remember it from maybe I was thinking H22A OBD2 but remembered the F20B DOHC VTEC prices.

Originally posted by baby-j View Post
                Wheres the best place to get a motor? and i could do an obd2 with not more cost?
                I honestly don't know, a lot people get there motors from different places and there are a lot of compaines. I know of Tiger which is a 50/50 chance, TorontoJDM haven't heard good or bad from them. But H Motors Online I've heard that people have always had great experiences with them and no problems with their motors. But you'll have to ship it, find somewhere local or some of the guys here can find you one.
                Current:
                2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Hmotors is american. Most people are american on here, so they buy from there. Why would you import a jdm motor from the states is beyond me.

Also, I should report you for copyright infringement and using my photo without permission!

Comment

Go to TorontoJDM....I bought my 1jz from there....they give a 60 day warrenty (i think) and theyll let you pick out your own motor

I looked at 5 1jzs before deciding on mine....it was supposed to come with an auto tranny but I didnt need, nor want the thing so they took it off no questions asked

Theyll also compression test the motor.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

also I might of said obd2 jdm in the past, there is no obd2 jdm all jdm motors are obd1, only usdm uses obd1 and obd2, so a 97+ engine is a easy swap, use obd1 h series injectors and f/h usdm fuel rail , and either f or h egr obd1, and map, and your ready to go.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X