Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrapping interior with suede (imitation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrapping interior with suede (imitation)

All the audio related stuff is here,

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=1409635

and summary of everything will be posted in my MR thread as I go along..

So I have like 10-15 yds of this microfiber suede imitation.. forget exactly how much but who cares? I used ONE yard to do the two rear doors, it'll be maybe 1.5 yds for the front two, heck I Can do like two cars with this! But I'm doing the middle part of the doors with a blue fabric, and I'm also doing a few other peices with it. Don't like it as much so most everything will be black.

I have the two rear doors done, need to do the handle for one of them still though, man the handels are a pain!!!

The front will be another week or two away, I'm going to need another front driver panel. I will be glassing the bottom part and bringing the speaker out and angled up a bit for better audio imaging, then it will get wrapped.

I have another dash, and I have incredible plans for a customized dash that I will be working on here soon, until then I'm not telling!!! But it's gonna be awesome... then it'll get wrapped as well.

Since I lost the auto seatbelts in favor of harnesses I will be getting some trim and probably adding pods, and the trim will def be getting wrapped. Will be molding 4" speakers into the trim as well..

I am doing WAY too much at the same time lol...

oh yeah and going to do a complete custom glassed/wrapped trunk.

Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 04-06-2008, 01:02 AM.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Personally, I'm not a fan of the bright color on black look, but I do recognize craftsmanship. Your work looks excellent, from the pics anyway, and I can't wait to see some more. The last pic looks like you've got a little seam gap on top of the armrest. Are you doing any stitching at the seams or just using spray adhesive?

Comment

Oh wow, ambitious. Definitely look forward to seeing what it looks like as it comes together.
      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet
        Personally, I'm not a fan of the bright color on black look, but I do recognize craftsmanship. Your work looks excellent, from the pics anyway, and I can't wait to see some more. The last pic looks like you've got a little seam gap on top of the armrest. Are you doing any stitching at the seams or just using spray adhesive?
        Yeah, it's hard picking shades of color over the internet. As long as it's blue and I use the same shade through the whole car, this is some 'weather resistant seating fabric' and it's what I ended up with... The doors I want to be a bit showy the rest more subtle so it's going to be mostly black.

I didn't use spray, I used contact cement, definately stronger! And that thing was a PAIN to wrap. I did end up doing a fold at the top of the armwrest handle, I could have cut it and had a line there but that's just what I did b/c It was frustrating and I had glue ALL over the thing and didn't know if I was going to have to tear it off and redo it. The stuff cleaned up with paint thinner pretty well though so that's how it turned out. It does look pretty good overall in real life as well, I'm hoping the front doors turn out perfect with the moulding I'm gonna do. It's hard to stretch the blue fabric over shapes, it does go but it's got a bit of a texture to it so you can see if it's greatly skewed.

Comment

i did mine very similar to yours over spring break. i dyed my door panels and put dark blue ultrasuede in the inserts. i wrapped the headliner and the a and b pillars with black ultrasuede.

anyway, here are some pics:

[edited after reading the WHOLE thread ]
          Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-07-2008, 04:26 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

dude that looks AWESOME! but you already have a black interior!!! lol I have that nast-e burgundy....

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
              dude that looks AWESOME! but you already have a black interior!!! lol I have that nast-e burgundy....
              thank you, but i had dark blue. i dyed everything black with duplicolor fabric and vinyl dye. the only blue things now are the dash and the 2 pieces of the console. i will be doing something like you are doing with the dash (glassing it to re-shape some parts, then covering with black leather) and i am making a fiberglass center console. i wish i had a spare dash, that would make my life so much easier when i go to modify mine!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                thank you, but i had dark blue. i dyed everything black with duplicolor fabric and vinyl dye. the only blue things now are the dash and the 2 pieces of the console. i will be doing something like you are doing with the dash (glassing it to re-shape some parts, then covering with black leather) and i am making a fiberglass center console. i wish i had a spare dash, that would make my life so much easier when i go to modify mine!
                drive out this way! lol glad to see someone's doing a custom dash! I had a local say the dash 'can't be wrapped'. I realize ours is pretty hard but just filling in the two recessed places will make it MUCH better to wrap/get the fabric to stay.

I grew out of the spray stuff, I don't feel like re-doing the driver door and center console trim every year.

Comment

drive out this way! lol glad to see someone's doing a custom dash! I had a local say the dash 'can't be wrapped'. I realize ours is pretty hard but just filling in the two recessed places will make it MUCH better to wrap/get the fabric to stay.

I grew out of the spray stuff, I don't feel like re-doing the driver door and center console trim every year.
                  ya, i'm filling in those recessed places too, as well as adding some little unique things to it.

what do you mean you "grew out of" the spray-glue and re-doing the stuff every year?

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                    ya, i'm filling in those recessed places too, as well as adding some little unique things to it.

what do you mean you "grew out of" the spray-glue and re-doing the stuff every year?
                    the seats fade a lot in about 6 months. The drivers door at least chipped pretty bad (my hands are quite oily lol) so yeah it didn't look so proffesional after a while.

Comment

the seats fade a lot in about 6 months. The drivers door at least chipped pretty bad (my hands are quite oily lol) so yeah it didn't look so proffesional after a while.
                      oh, i thought you were talking about the glue. my roommate has his doors dyed the same way, and they still look great. i dont know, it all depends on what you do to them, how you prep, and the conditions in which you dyed them.

Comment

dash is being worked on...

and yes, that's a 15" screen... touchscreen

Comment

Kick ass. I've been wanting to wrap my interior, I think imma use canvas material, for people who don't no, that's material for book bags
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                            Kick ass. I've been wanting to wrap my interior, I think imma use canvas material, for people who don't no, that's material for book bags
                            not sure if that's gonna be appealing???

and will it stretch? it all sounds easy till you start doing it, then you want all the stretch you can get! Look on ebay, any and every kind of fabric is there and if you get pre-bundled amounts it's far cheaper than by the yard..

Comment

will that tan dash put a lot of glare on the windscreen?

sweet custom work...Im thinking of redoing my interior this summer.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X