major brake problem.....wtf?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

major brake problem.....wtf?!

my front brake pressure isnt releasing from the calipers. i dont know why?

it is a 93 with abs. i converted too non-abs with 2 new calipers up front, new master cylinder (LX) and an integra 40/40 vavle.

i blead all my brakes after the conversion and it was working properly. the a day later the pedal got real real hard and i could tell it wasnt releasing pressure cause i can sit on a hill and be in neutral and it wont roll back or forward.... i can smell my break pads cooking and i dont know what it is....
    Last edited by Vtechno; 07-14-2008, 05:45 PM.

I had this issue, I belive I fixed it by replacing the master cylinder.
    DEVOTE

Comment

You put non abs lines in?
      wat?

Comment

Not enough free play at the pedal / MC pushrod.
        Regards from Oz,
        John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
          Not enough free play at the pedal / MC pushrod.
          exactly.

i swapped my mastercylinder and thats whats causing the problem.

MY WHOLE BRAKE SYSTEM WAS FUCKED.

rotors - bad
          calipers (4) - bad
          mastercylinder - bad
          abs bullshit - bad.

so i swap all abs shit out, front calipers, and mastercylinder.

now the problem is.....i have too have a special tool too break the star locknut loose too fix the problem........so im fucked.
          Last edited by Vtechno; 07-17-2008, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Update!!

i made the tool too break the star locknut loose and adjusted the pushrod out too free the pedal up. i am not adjusting the pedal hight.

too far out and the pedal has 0 freeplay like when the car is off. it does not more and barely barely stops. i slightly adjust it in and its like its too far in...

after a few hours of tinkering with it, the push rod looks like its pushin in..

ill take some quick vid of what im talking about.

you can see it sight back slightly and when i lightly tap it, it moves....is that enough play? when i pull the pedal, it sits "flush".....should it be there anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RHH5tNrME

Comment

I had this problem also, I upgraded to the 1" MC from a 92-93 CB. It "fixed" itself when I replaced my MC with an acura vigor MC. Four months later it all of a sudden began to do it again, to the point where the brakes locked up completely and all four corners were smoking.

After some investigating I discovered that the Front passenger and Rear drivers calipers were incapable of having the pistons pushed in, like when you replace the pads. It turns out they share the line that comes off of the MC into the prop valve. The line was a custom line because of the MC conversion, turns out that the inner diameter of the line was preventing fluid from returning into the MC kinda like a one way valve. So I had to get a 91 cb7 live from salvage and put a 92 fitting on the end.

UGH it sucked.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

i dont understand. i went from 1" too 15/16th and i got the 40/40 valve.

i adjusted it some more and almost got it right, but i dont know if theres some otherproblem or the distance between "too much" and "too little" is minoot(sp, lol).

im soooo fucking aggravated. ive been stuck at the house for almost a week.

Comment

ok i did the cross check and all the booster's part #s are the same except for the ABS booster.

it was under the "mastercylinder" section.

i think it is the booster causing my problem.

Comment

Just out of curiosity why are you doing a non ABS conversion? My ABS doesn't work, but my brakes work good minus a slightly soft pedal. The only thing that gets on my nerves is that damn ABS light. Anyway good luck and I hope you figure out your problem soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RiceKillinSi View Post
                      Just out of curiosity why are you doing a non ABS conversion? My ABS doesn't work, but my brakes work good minus a slightly soft pedal. The only thing that gets on my nerves is that damn ABS light. Anyway good luck and I hope you figure out your problem soon.
                      cause the unit leaks a m/c full a week. i took the bulb out when i did my LED conversion too.

oh the problem is that i need the LX/DX booster. thats for sure the problem. had i of know i needed that , i would have just modified the 1 line too fit the EX master cylinder instead of buying a new LX one.
                      Last edited by Vtechno; 07-17-2008, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno View Post
                        cause the unit leaks a m/c full a week. i took the bulb out when i did my LED conversion too.

oh the problem is that i need the LX/DX booster. thats for sure the problem. had i of know i needed that , i would have just modified the 1 line too fit the EX master cylinder instead of buying a new LX one.

Ahhh I see. I want to take my light out, but I am to lazy to take my dash apart.

Comment

Originally posted by RiceKillinSi View Post
                          Ahhh I see. I want to take my light out, but I am to lazy to take my dash apart.
                          id rather be kicked in the crotch then too take my dash apart again.....i fucking hate doing it.

Comment

You didn't mess with the stop light switch at all did you? What your pedal freeplay?

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                              You didn't mess with the stop light switch at all did you? What your pedal freeplay?
                              its the booster for sure. i replaced it anf it works fine BUT i need too adjust the pushrod again, but the tool i made doesnt want too break it loose. it was for sure the booster.

Comment

Working...
                              X