Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time...

I've dreaded this moment.

My friend and I are building a CRX. We're going 50/50 on it, and part of my contribution is my h22a, m2b4 and all. I'm excited for the rex, but it means the h22a is going to leave the comforts of the cb engine bay.

AHHH I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY!!

So, a swap of a different kind to happen this Saturday. Out goes the H22 and in goes the F22, for good. I am in need of condolence.

I bet you'll stop crying when you hit vtec in a 19xx pound vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
      I bet you'll stop crying when you hit vtec in a 19xx pound vehicle
      x2...i like crxs
      92 4 Dr Ex-sold/91 civic hatch(bad head)/93 civic vx

Comment

Think less of the vtec, and more of the torque.

I love crx's also, they are awesome little cars. I want to swap over my engine into one sooooo bad.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Is the rex going to be allmotor or boost?
          Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

i like the idea of a boosted h22 crx 9 sec here u come

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
            96 lexus sc300 DD
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

hahah

thanks for the support guys, I thought this was going to be one of those threads with two views and zero responses.

The CRX is going to be an all motor H22. It's going to be too much engine for me to handle for a while, esp since it's going to be a track car. But, when we do get hungry for more power, we've got some dreams.

Euro-r/s2k tb is a must, along with a set of stage 2 bisi cams and valve springs/retainers/etc. But the thing I'm really looking forward to is the F22 crankshaft/rods swap on the H22. I've been wanting to try it ever since the "More stroke" thread. Top it off with a Bisimoto h22 header, cause I don't think I'll be ready for more power for at least three years.

As for the F22, I'm gonna try and go owequitit on it and get 30-35 hwy mpg. We'll see how it goes.

I gotta make build threads for both the CRX and the F22 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                h But the thing I'm really looking forward to is the F22 crankshaft/rods swap on the H22.
                That is going to be awesome! .. but damn U just threw in the tranny and motor, i hope ur boy is hooking up that suspension! are u guys planning to go Drag or Circuit/AutoX?
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                  That is going to be awesome! .. but damn U just threw in the tranny and motor, i hope ur boy is hooking up that suspension! are u guys planning to go Drag or Circuit/AutoX?
                  hah, yeah I'm still in debt, after the engine, tranny, and another couple thousand dollars I put in.

Car's gonna be for circuit/auto-x. It's a great project cause it means I don't have to have my accord do double duty. The accord handles great, don't get me wrong, but its still nearly a thousand pounds heavier than the rex. This way, my accord can be the reliable people mover that Honda originally designed it to be.

Well, at least that's my sorry excuse for not having an H22 in the bay anymore.

Comment

those are pretty decent plans if you were going in on it solo.... only thing that worries me is the spliting a high cost build up on one car. before long it might come down to..."well my motor is in it and that cost way more than the entire suspension brakes AND wheels and tires" just make sure that you be careful bud!

-sean
                    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

@ 93twodoorLX haha yeah I hear yah. Whenever money's concerned, attitudes can change big time. Especially since we're putting down a fair amount of money and we're both just teenage ricers.

Good thing though, we've got the majority of money spent and we're still good as day one!

Update on how things went down on Saturday.

I remembered the f22 as being clean back when it was in the engine bay 10 months ago.

It was obvious that it now wasn't up to either of our standards. We gave it a good scrub over.

The dude standing there isn't me. He's the other shareholder in the crx, Jon. He made an account here with the name chubbykai. When we get around to it, he'll get the 30 posts necessary and we'll start up a build thread for the crx in the other automotive section.

Getting much better.

Its great when you can touch anywhere on the long block/tranny without a glove and not get dirty. We also cleaned the intake manifold, as well as inside the runners. They had gummed up pretty well. The intake manifold gaskets were changed at the same time.

Accesories mounted. The engine looks a lot dirtier already.

H coming out

This is when it got really ugly. I mean I was sad, but I never expected

Sometime later (three Hondas, including the GB500 in the corner, and four Honda engines in the picture. I think right now there are 4 Hondas and 5 Honda motors in the garage)

And finally

I apologize for the poor panoramas. I was just trying to show how little space we were working with.

One last picture for now

Sorry for the poor quality, its a new-in-box DC 4-2-1 header. I got it for $250 shipped, and since my stock 4-1 header was cracked, I figured it was time. Also, I got four new OEM engine mounts coming in tomorrow from Majestic Honda. I'm done with my polyurethane'd mounts in the Accord.

The F is in the car now. At 12 noon on Saturday, the h22 was running. By 6 pm, the H came out, the F was prepped, and the F was put back in the bay. We had to wait on buttoning it up for the mounts and header/downpipe. If all goes right, it'll fire up this Sunday.

Comment

sad to see her Hless

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Damn! Good luck man, everything looks good! Looks like a clean CRX too

Comment

i wouldnt use a h22 in a crx for auto cross. my buddy had a h22 in his rex with suspention and it didnt turn well at all. it would be a street monster though

92ex coupe h22
                            93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

how much would you guys charge me to dropa h22?
                              lokking for prices lol i all go to LA even on labor day
                              if you guys can do it ill really aprecaite
                              i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

Working...
                              X