Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CB7 Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Turbo Project

Heres a few shots of my turbo set up.
    did it today, took about 5 1/2 hours.
    only things left are 450 or bigger injectors and p06 (chipped by my man Midnite) then im complete
    also i have to install the modified oil pan, could have done that right away but my drill cant hold the larger drill bit i need to drill the hole and my cousins was suppose to come pass to loan me his but never did, plan to knock that out tomorrow.
    hopefully ill have the 2 things i need by the end of the month

im gona have to by the flex radiator hose, im not feeling how thats on there
    Last edited by theone; 10-09-2004, 08:16 PM.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

looks good

Comment

hey do you really have to take out the A/C lines to put on da turbo? i got my injectors today but one of dem is cracked, that plastic thingy on the tip of injector is cracked you think i can still use it?

Comment

im not sure about the injectors man
        but for the a/c lines no u dont, i just removed mines for more room to work and plus im removing the a/c because the cars gona be all out race (weight reduction)
        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

i can understand removing your ac for turbo setup but why power steering. cb7s cant turn for shit without it. kinda looks like you have allota home depot pipe connectors in there. those are gonna rot and blow really quick!. and for low boost 450cc injectors are not really nessasary at all just propper tuning.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

yeah all i have to do is replace 2 hoses, the ones next to the manifold.

all the rest r turbo high temp hoses/clamps.

for the power steering, i removed that like ayear ago.

like i told u, weight reduction plus im only gona be driving it like once (if that) a week, and thats only to the track and for like test runs up and down the street, also plan to get it tuned for sure...

also im gona get a lot of heat guard.
            like dei products, speed shop up the street from me sells is all...cheap
            like heat reflectors
            they also have a turbo heat sheild specifically for turbos.
            so im a do my best tp decipate a lot of the under hood heat from the turbo set up.

for injectors, im planing to run 10psi. until i get my bottom end built
            Last edited by theone; 10-09-2004, 10:06 PM.
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

hey wussup mangg! are you using a electronic boost controler or that manual ones off of ebay? any one kno if this is easy to install? aite thanks

Comment

good luck with the project..btw, the upper radiator hose looks like its being pinched.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

thanks, and i know, thats why i said im gona go with the flexible rad. hose (aluminum one).

for the gauge i have the manual gauge, simple to install, just wire it up for power ( - & +) the route the vacuum line to a vacuum sorce under the hood.

reason my hose is like it is is because the j-pipe that goes with the 14b ( u have to use it), ran right into the damn hose, so i had to cut the j-pipe a lil, but it still hit but i got a solution for that.

also ill get a pic of the inside gauges.
                  NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

do you have the manual boost controller like dis one off of ebay?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Comment

looks good so far...however i do not see an oil catch can, will you be running one? And did u already do motor mount inserts or did you fill them? PM me when your ready for uberdata. I'll buy the parts right b4 you ship the ecu.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

my home depot couplers are holding up fine. i had one RIGHT on the turbo that melted but i replaced it and now its fine.

hey midnite about the catch can, i dont know if you have seen cokinuts writup on the oil catch can DIY but if you modified that would it work the same? like instead of going back into the manifold you redirect the PCV to a pre-turbo source?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                          i can understand removing your ac for turbo setup but why power steering. cb7s cant turn for shit without it. kinda looks like you have allota home depot pipe connectors in there. those are gonna rot and blow really quick!. and for low boost 450cc injectors are not really nessasary at all just propper tuning.
                          i would never chance trying to max out stock injectors...the 450s are so cheap i dont know why anyone wouldnt get them for added tunning and for a peice of mind

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                            my home depot couplers are holding up fine. i had one RIGHT on the turbo that melted but i replaced it and now its fine.
                            ..why wait for the hose to melt again. try these guys:

www.racepartsolutions.com

..quality products, and they look good in the engine bay too.
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i didnt replace it with the same thing. geez give me some credit. i got one off a stock eclipse and used that.

Comment

Working...
                              X