First set of stick welds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First set of stick welds

Eh, Not my preference but I wanted to try my hand at stick.

I am using an inverter style 110V stick welder. About 75Amps, E7014 rods. DC Straight.

Eh, Could be better with some more practice. Base material is 3/16"

they look great, i took welding about 5 years ago

Comment

Looks good, I ran a bead just like that the other day. For some reason i was having problems today
      wat?

Comment

LOOKS REALLY GOOD. im up and down with a welder

Comment

I have to get some more pics of the other ones. Eventually I want to get my certs but that comes in time. Im in no rush. I have 6011 rods but I need a machine with more amps to burn them properly. 7018 is tricky too, Especially on a AC tombstone.

Comment

Looks like you need to slow down just a little bit and try to keep a more consistent speed, but otherwise, very good for your first time!
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Roll of dimes baby!

Sold!

Selling: F22A4(disassembled)

Comment

looks good, you mig weld before? you got the motion down, dragging the puddle and such. i like welding heavy steel with stick, like the truck bumpers and suspension i fabbed, its fun to burn stuff

Comment

looks good from up top...any pics of the underside? Penetration is very important

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

thats what she..... wear proper protection while welding.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                      looks good, you mig weld before? you got the motion down, dragging the puddle and such. i like welding heavy steel with stick, like the truck bumpers and suspension i fabbed, its fun to burn stuff
                      Yea, I normally mig at my job. We have some good machines. I'm now getting into the aluminum game with the mig.

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                      looks good from up top...any pics of the underside? Penetration is very important
                      Penetration was very good, considering this was thin material. Too bad I dumped the pieces somewhere. Will probably get some more pieces soon.

Comment

Lookin good for runnin 75amps, it's only 3/16 but still. With those smaller welders Mig or stick, preheating with a torch makes all the difference.

Try stick upside down. Doesn't matter how much protection ur wearing, It still finds it's way in. Love that spatter.

GOT F?

Comment

Originally posted by EXR-ALB View Post
                          Lookin good for runnin 75amps, it's only 3/16 but still. With those smaller welders Mig or stick, preheating with a torch makes all the difference.

Try stick upside down. Doesn't matter how much protection ur wearing, It still finds it's way in. Love that spatter.
                          Oh I know what you mean, lol. Those are always nice when the splatter starts rolling down on you.

Comment

Here are some updates,

Used a different machine, AC225

E7014 rods at 150 amps

Material is 1/2 in first pic and 1/4 tube in the second set of pictures.

Comment

I always loved 701x rods. I definitely prefer them over 601x for the stuff I tend to weld on.

Looks fantastic!
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X