Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fryed ECU (pics included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fryed ECU (pics included)

Friday night my wife and i went to vist my mom and dad , the car ran great going to my moms house and also great for some trips around town while we were there .
    We are heading back and get bout 15 min from my moms place and i get a solid cel and the car dies on I70,my wife says she started to smell something awful I get it off to the side of the road and I looked at the motor and everything looked fine so I called AAA and had the car towed back to the house .
    bigblue and I looked at the car the next day and and found that the ecu had fryed it self and the ecu fuse was also burnt , we could not find any cause for the ecu to fry .
    The ecu is a chipped p28.
    I am hoping that someone might be able to help me find the anwser because i dont want to just throw in another ecu and go through this again .
    any help would be great

p28 ecu .

The back of the board

the back plate of the ecu
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

damn dude, idk what could have caused that...but that could have been worse then what it really is.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
      damn dude, idk what could have caused that...but that could have been worse then what it really is.

-Jordan
      Your right , I guess I am just little upset because I just broke the car in apx 600 miles or so

Comment

Looks to me like that capacitor blew up. Sometimes they do that.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
          Okay thank you , is the ecu repairable or would it be toast after that happens?

Comment

Don't know if it's fixable, but it looks like it melted the other contacts and "metal runners" I guess it is possible with some metal slivers and serious soldering skillz but I would think not

*looking at the pics again...you will have to replae that board to fix it and I think that ends up meaning the whole thing.
            ____

Comment

i find this so ironic, as it has lived up to your screen name.

if thats repairable, that would be good news for alot of people.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                That would be my guess

Comment

I hate to say it Jeff, but that shit's shot. Circuit boards are usually built in layers, and you've got a big lump of slag there. On the upside, I don't think it's an external cause, that does look like an overheated capacitor, so hopefully the next one will be okay. That's some serious thermal damage, luckily it didn't flare up and cook Tammy's shoes!

Comment

That's actually quite a common thing on these old ecu's now. I try to replace them whenever possible when I chip ecu's. There's just no telling when they'll go.

But that board is fucked. You'll have to get another ecu.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                        i find this so ironic, as it has lived up to your screen name.
                        yeah I guess it is

Comment

wow thats crazy how it burn that metal case like that too,glad it didnt start a fire that would have sucked big time.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                            wow thats crazy how it burn that metal case like that too,glad it didnt start a fire that would have sucked big time.
                            yeah lol. My wife said the same thing .

Comment

is it just me, but is that screw melted?

i know it isnt a p28, but i have a chipped p06 w/ iab we could add vtec to get u rolling. would your chip be savable?

Comment

Working...
                              X