bmw flushmount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bmw flushmount

I just got a bmw flushmount and was wondering how do I go about installing it since there are like six studs, meaning that I would have to drill six holes in my trunk or shave off the studs and just use 3m tape.

For those that have done it what did you guy's do to install it if you have pics that would be great.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Bump I know a few people installed it. I searched but can't find a diy
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 08-17-2009, 03:24 PM.
    NEW CB

new

Comment

take a strip of duct tape and punch a hole through it with the stud then put it up to ur car like u want it and slide the tape off to ur trunk and thats generally where the hole is going to go. it will be slightly off because of curvature of ur trunk spoiler etc. so start in the center and work out and personally i would shave off 2 of the studs not the center or outer 2 but the ones inbetween those . less holes less problems.
      i dont have nor ever installed a bmw spoiler but ive installed many spoilers w/o nice guide holes like our cb7. GL
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
        take a strip of duct tape and punch a hole through it with the stud then put it up to ur car like u want it and slide the tape off to ur trunk and thats generally where the hole is going to go. it will be slightly off because of curvature of ur trunk spoiler etc. so start in the center and work out and personally i would shave off 2 of the studs not the center or outer 2 but the ones inbetween those . less holes less problems.
        i dont have nor ever installed a bmw spoiler but ive installed many spoilers w/o nice guide holes like our cb7. GL
        Thats what i did to my legend flushy i shaved 2 studs so it left me with 3 studs, easier to install
        My ride History:
        Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
        Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
        Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
        -----------------------------------
        1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

What I want to is when drilling into the trunk since it won't be like drilling the holes for the accord flushie,but what would I use to widen the holes in the trunk skeleton.
          NEW CB

new

Comment

any drill bit preferably the diamond bit at sears would be perfect
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.
              NEW CB