This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time has come..

Listen up boys && girls, this is my response thread in the act there are some other members who believe that I’m a scammer. I’m here to share the story with the community of Cb7tuner.

First and foremost, I do thank Jake for selling me the grill and apologize for any inconviece this has given to him.

On September 17, 2009, I sent Jake money for the grill. Paypal stated there would be a hold on the payment to see if there was sufficient funds. I then proceed to providing paypal with a backup card so no hold would be needed, but first we(jake and i) needed to cancel the 1st sent payment. Once we got that figured out, I then resent the payment for an instant transfer to Jake. He received the payment and a week later I received the grill.

On September 21, 2009, I noticed that I had been charged twice by paypal so I then called my creditor to question the situation. I then had a claim with my creditor to see whether it was my creditor’s fault or paypal for authorizing the sending of the cancelled payment. Within 10 business days my creditor called me stating the would provide me with the credited amount for the double charge while the claim was still under investigation. They also stated it could take up to 30 days to reach a verdict. I also talked to Jake this day letting him know about the situation about me being charged twice and he responded, “the first payment was cancelled on his end.”

On October 19, 2009, Jake contacted me asking about a so-called chargeback case on paypal. I then called paypal asking then to cancel the dispute, but to do so I had to update my acct bc it got locked due the dispute. Paypal told me I had to print a certain affidavit from their website and then fax it to them to try and cancel the chargeback. After finding this out I called and left a message for Jake letting him know what was going on.

On October 22, 2009, Jake contacted me stating, “they took $xxx.xx from me and locked my acct. did they give u the money?” I then told him no they didn’t send any money to me, and that ill see what I can do on my end and if all else fails if paypal ever sent me his money, that I would send it back to him asap! The next day Jake asked me to call my creditor because paypal was pissing him off.

On October 24, 2009, Jake asked if I had got the money yet and that paypal can suck his ass.(lol). I told him that I would try to contact them on Monday and that I had appreciated his patience and apologized for the inconvience.

On October 29, 2009, Jake told me thanks for nothing about fixing the situation. We then began to talk about the situation. He was pissed because this has been going on since sep 19. and I told him its not like I can just snap my fingers and reverse everything. Mind you that my acct just got unlocked on the 28th of oct. He then tells me his acct is locked bc my creditor took money from him. I responded how can my creditor take money from you when paypal is who really took the money from you and that ive contacted my creditor(which who took money from me when the dispute became closed) and paypal about the situation but they’ve left me stranded on the situation.
    The dispute had been closed but jake still acct was still locked and in (-). Paypal told Jake that the payment was unauthorized and there was no pending case. He told me it had seemed like that we both need to call paypal so it can get cleared because he just wanted is acct taken care of.

I told Jake I can call paypal when I have cpu access due to me in the middle of moving.

So now we are at this point of confusion ive contacted paypal about ending the situation today, its now in their hands not mine.

With all this being said I hope others on this great forum can view me as a member not a scammer but if that is what they still feel they need to see me as then so be I cant change others minds. Also please don’t let this situation make you look at NORCAL as a community of scammers because that’s not true, my fellow norcal members are great people and are awesome to deal with.

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
    My Precious Toy
    Swap Thread
    916 Cb7
    "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
    "93Dx KT"SOLD

I hope things end well. This, honestly, is what I had hoped to hear from you when I asked to hear your side of the story. It is also the reason why I don't take sides in such situations... though your previous comments in Jake's thread led me to believe that you had intentionally taken his money, and were laughing about it. I'm happy to see that it isn't the case, and I hope things work out for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ktcb7 View Post
      my fellow norcal members are great people and are awesome to deal with.

Guaranteed.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I understand you moving in all , but you mean to tell me you could have not been more help in this situation.
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
          I understand you moving in all , but you mean to tell me you could have not been more help in this situation.
          did u read the whole thing? like i said i contacted both companies.

My Precious Toy
          Swap Thread
          916 Cb7
          "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

Something was done about this every other day from the moment he was made aware of the problem, according to his timeline. For now, it's up to Paypal, it seems. If Paypal doesn't fix things, then I say BOTH parties are responsible for contacting the appropriate people to make things right.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I hope things end well. This, honestly, is what I had hoped to hear from you when I asked to hear your side of the story. It is also the reason why I don't take sides in such situations... though your previous comments in Jake's thread led me to believe that you had intentionally taken his money, and were laughing about it. I'm happy to see that it isn't the case, and I hope things work out for the best.
              Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Something was done about this every other day from the moment he was made aware of the problem, according to his timeline. For now, it's up to Paypal, it seems. If Paypal doesn't fix things, then I say BOTH parties are responsible for contacting the appropriate people to make things right.
              i appreciate that deev. i acted that way in the thread bc its funny how people act when the dont know the whole story.

My Precious Toy
              Swap Thread
              916 Cb7
              "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

i appreciate that deev. i acted that way in the thread bc its funny how people act when the dont know the whole story.
                Dude, people are acting the way they were cuz you were not telling your side of the story, as if you were intentionally trying to rip someone off...what do you expect?

And good luck settling with Paypal, they can be a real bitch sometimes. So easy to give them money, but hellofa bitch to get it back.
                My Honda

Comment

did u read the whole thing? like i said i contacted both companies.

I did, and yet it's not resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by crusto2k3 View Post
                    Dude, people are acting the way they were cuz you were not telling your side of the story, as if you were intentionally trying to rip someone off...what do you expect?

And good luck settling with Paypal, they can be a real bitch sometimes. So easy to give them money, but hellofa bitch to get it back.
                    whats the point of trying to share my side when people will favor jake statements look how the thread was going before i posted.

My Precious Toy
                    Swap Thread
                    916 Cb7
                    "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

finally u said something! the other thread was entertaining for the time being since i knew, but not all, the whole situation.

keith, probably see ya saturday. need help moving?

Jake, I <3 you.
                      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                        I did, and yet it's not resolved.
                        once again i cant change things with the snap of my fingers. i was trying to point your attention to how u said about me not doing alot to help the situation.

My Precious Toy
                        Swap Thread
                        916 Cb7
                        "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

whats the point of trying to share my side when people will favor jake statements look how the thread was going before i posted.

It's simple sir it looked like you were scamming him , now I have known jake for years , and he is one of my best friends , so I am and have seen the text messages from both of you , and all i am going to say is if you're true intention is to resolve this then you need to be more proactive.
                          Last edited by sunburn; 11-02-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I was going to post in the other thread as i have had this same situation happen to me with slightly different end results. I hope the information is of some help to either of you. Im not sure it will but id like to see a happy ending to this.

I sold a laptop on ebay. The buyer contacted me and said he was working abroad, could i send it to a diff address then listed on the paypal. I, like an idiot, sent it and low and behold he hacked someones account and i was unable to get the laptop back. Paypal then took the $9xx.xx back and left my account -$9xx.xx. In the end there was nothing they could do because i sent the laptop to an unconfirmed address so i was not covered.

In you guys case, im assuming that the address was confirmed. With that being said, S4G should be able to have the money returned to him because you were in the right, as long as you shipped to a confirmed address. Unfortunately it seems to have become a disaster and so the easiest way of ending this with the exception of the locked accounts if for the grill to be returned to S4G since he is out the money.

As far as the accounts, you both have to stay on top of Paypal and really give them hell because they don't budge easy. They are a pita to deal with and i know how frustrating it is.

I hope this ends well.

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
                              finally u said something! the other thread was entertaining for the time being since i knew, but not all, the whole situation.

keith, probably see ya saturday. need help moving?

Jake, I <3 you.
                              ya the other thread was quite entertaing thats what kept me from saying anything.

but what time u trying to come down? then i can guve u a better answer.

id have to say too I<3 you jake! lol

My Precious Toy
                              Swap Thread
                              916 Cb7
                              "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X