tdabuser : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tdabuser : 1992 Accord LX

This is my 92 Accord LX. I looked for about 3-4 months trying to find one that had decent miles, wasn't ragged all to hell and back and was in overall good condition. This one was a two owner 120k original with some rust on the arches but really clean and straight besides that. The thing drove really good, went through the gears okay and the clutch is strong. Considering the number of trashed CB7's out there, it was a decent buy.

The transformation so far from the time it came home......(I added the corners and lip after I got it)

Rusted out arch and trashed pass side door replaced. The silver one is a $30 pick and pull SE part from a 91.....got lucky too, all power options on it worked. The window on the original got hosed when the PO hit the side of her garage while backing out. Very nice

In for paint and rust repair. Only had to drive about 5-6 miles like this....The front bumper is in the trunk with the back seat down and the rear is barely on....

Rusty arches fixed up

Painted and all put back together with prelude rims and 93 JDM fogs...

Legend Coupe lip looking good.

Blacked out oem grill shot....

Details:

Engine/Trans:
    All stock w/5 speed and it will stay that way as long as I am the owner. I'm the guy rolling up to the stoplight in neutral. The car hasn't seen 3k RPM's since I have had it and I have no plans! If I wanted a race car, I would have bought one

Exterior:
    All Honda Stock

Audio:
    Kenwood HU, Alpine 5 ch Amp, MB Quart separates, etc....Kicker 10's....Not overpowering just enough.

Future Plans:
    Try to turn 300k total miles and continue to get over 500 miles per tank of gas. Maybe install the flushmount I got at a yard a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure yet. It is an OEM flushy but I hate to drill the trunk. I don't think I can do it. If not, it will be for sale here. A kill switch and alarm should be done this weekend. I may lower the car, but if my wife gets any notion that this car is being riced out, I'm f'cked

You guys have some really nice cars and this site has a lot of good info. I appreciate all the ideas. Will add interior pics later.
    Last edited by tdabuser; 12-14-2009, 10:49 PM.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

very nice. the paint looks great.
    Click Here
    1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
    1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
    1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
    2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
    2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

Clean cb! I'm diggin the blades. What's the condition on the interior?

Comment

Originally posted by RedMagic187 View Post
        Clean cb! I'm diggin the blades. What's the condition on the interior?
        I saw the blades on a few members cars here and really liked the way they looked. They were a Craigslist buy for $100....

The interior looks brand new, no wear at all front or back. That was another reason I decided to go ahead and get it even though it had some rust on the body. I will take some pics when I have a chance.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Clean ride dude.

Comment

Wow man your rides clean. how much did they charge for the paint/rust repair if you dont mind me asking ?

And im not much of a fan of Clear (Euro) Corner lights but yours seems to flow lovely with your front

Seeing your fogs soo clean reminds me that after winter i need to take mines apart for a good ol fasion cleanin

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
              Wow man your rides clean. how much did they charge for the paint/rust repair if you dont mind me asking ?

And im not much of a fan of Clear (Euro) Corner lights but yours seems to flow lovely with your front

Seeing your fogs soo clean reminds me that after winter i need to take mines apart for a good ol fasion cleanin
              I thought just replacing the corners with oem but they were expensive. I wouldn't have bothered but the ones that were on it when I bought it had cracks and were sun-baked like the paint. When I took them off they cracked in my hands. These are cheap ebay copies. I guess they look okay.

I have about 1300+/- in paint and body work. The job is decent, but it is no 5k job. I did a lot of the work myself.

The JDM fogs were brand new in box from a member here and the price was a steal considering that I see used ones going for more than what I paid in the FS section. I got lucky on those.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Wow JDM fogs? I'm jealous...

Comment

Jst Try and find the USDM corners on here i'm sure youll find a set for 20 or 30 bucks for sure.

the's pretty decent price for the paint/body work , you should get more all around pictures and interior/motor pics as well.

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                      Wow JDM fogs? I'm jealous...
                      Here is how I got them....Like I say, very lucky. It was good karma considering how I got fucked on the first set I bought from a member here

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                        Jst Try and find the USDM corners on here i'm sure youll find a set for 20 or 30 bucks for sure.

the's pretty decent price for the paint/body work , you should get more all around pictures and interior/motor pics as well.
                        I will take some pics of the worst rust areas that were repaired on the rear. They look very good. The interior is extremely clean, again I will take some shots and post them up when I have a chance.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Wow. How much and where? If you mind me asking.

Comment

Super clean.

Mines are JDM as well

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                              Wow. How much and where? If you mind me asking.
                              Sent you a PM.

92 Accord LX

My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X