foggy head lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foggy head lights...

anyone know of a product or a method to clean head light covers, they got dirty from the inside and the lights are barely noticable in the night. the cover is plastic not glass.

Wetsand then plastic polish.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yo, theyre not dirty on the inside. Plastics all deteriorate over time with exposure to the sun. every car on the market no matter how new will eventually have hazy headlights if they're plastic instead of glass.

You can pick up a headlight restoration system by 3M from autozone or advance. All you need to provide is a power drill, soap, and water... I have used this kit (costs about $25) on three different vehicles and it works wonders everytime. Don't be fooled by other cheaper headlight cleaners. This is the real deal because you actually sand down the headlights with multiple grit sandpapers.
      The kit comes with complete instructions, and there is even a video tutorial on youtube using the kit.

You wont be disappointed, i promise.

Comment

i used a product calld Bluemagic.. workd out good on my JDM headlights

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Headlight-L...7928276&sr=8-1

Comment

thats the one. man thats a good deal.

Comment

From this,

To this

with the same type system.

I just bought a multi pack of wed/dry finishing paper. It came with 2 x 400 grit, 2x 1000 grit and 2x 2000 grit. I finished mine of with white buffing compound and a buffing wheel. Just remember when your wet sanding that you remember to use lots of warm soapy water (say away from car wash soap, use dish soap) Always sand in the same direction and let the paper do the majority of the work. Do not put too much pressure on it. Then if your using a buffing wheel with compound. Always keep it moving, don't press hard on it or let it sit in one spot for too long. it could melt the plastic.

Took me some time but in the end it cost me under $20 and 3-4hrs of my time.
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-11-2010, 05:55 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X