EF Civic Upper Control Arms = Neg Camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF Civic Upper Control Arms = Neg Camber

Went and bought them from a junkyard for $20 each and painted em black.
    They fit right in perfectly!
    I've only got the left one on so far but I'm gonna get the right one on tomorrow fo shoooo. It should drop a little more when I get the other side low and tuckin also.

Before EF upper control arms:

Last edited by Hondalover; 03-21-2010, 01:56 PM.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

That's cool how we can use civic part (s) on out suspension.

You said ef, and year or body style ef correct?

Are you gonna keep them on? Besides camber is it some what lower?
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      That's cool how we can use civic part (s) on out suspension.

You said ef, and year or body style ef correct?

Are you gonna keep them on? Besides camber is it some what lower?
      I know!

Yesss. I mean 89-91 Civics.

Yes I'm keepin em as long as they don't fall off! lol
      Well I lowered my coilovers before I put my shock back on. So I don't know for sure right now. When I do the right side I could try to test and see.

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

What's the benefits of having EF civic upper control arms? Does it just give you a more negative camber stance? Just curious cause I think it's possible to achieve this with camber correction kits (pos and neg adj.).

Cool though. Diamond Racing rims are hot. Don't know if I'd give up my rims for them but they do look nice!!!

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
          What's the benefits of having EF civic upper control arms? Does it just give you a more negative camber stance? Just curious cause I think it's possible to achieve this with camber correction kits (pos and neg adj.).

Cool though. Diamond Racing rims are hot. Don't know if I'd give up my rims for them but they do look nice!!!
          All that I know are that they give you quite a big amount of negative camber.
          And I've looked around and can't find ANY camber kits that will give you enough negative camber in the front to tuck my wheels. Even if there were camber kits that would do the same thing it'd be dumb to buy them considering EF control arms are around $20 each at a junkyard. Crazzyyy cheap.

Comment

get an alignment so we will know just how much negative...this could be a somewhat worthwhile mod for those who are slammed to the ground and need that.
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              get an alignment so we will know just how much negative...this could be a somewhat worthwhile mod for those who are slammed to the ground and need that.
              Trust me. It's worth while. My wheels used to stick out about 1/2 an inch before I put the ef control arms on. Now they tuck without having to roll the fenders at all.
              If it wasn't worth while then why would I have done it?
              Last edited by Hondalover; 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
                Trust me. It's worth while. My wheels used to stick out about 1/2 an inch before I put the ef control arms on. Now they tuck without having to roll the fenders at all.
                If it wasn't worth while then why would I have done it?
                Look up ^ at the before pics!

Comment

the EF uca's will give you some negative camber yeah, but you can easily tuck with an SPC camber kit. it'll take you to -3* at stock height plus whatever from the drop.

the REAL reason people slammed would want these is because it'll let you sit lower without having to hear the uca smack the strut tower.

looksa much better though.

Comment

hmm... i have ef arms in my garage right now. how is the knuckle to spring clearance?
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Looks dope man!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                        hmm... i have ef arms in my garage right now. how is the knuckle to spring clearance?
                        It's kinda close but works!

Comment

people do a lot of things that serve no purpose...but that wasn't my point

what I meant was give us camber specs so people who lower their rides can determine if that amount of negative camber would help/hurt their build.

Knowing to what amount of negative camber it gives is better than saying about how many inches you think the tires moved...see what I mean?
                          ____

Comment

What size are those wheels..

Comment

ride looks so sweet now

i wish i could use these on my wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X