Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Skunk2 VS Euro R IM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 VS Euro R IM

I know this topic probably has been covered but i wanted some opinions. I just purchased an Accord Euro R intake manifold for my H22. Now my question, is it worth the modification that needs to be done, or would i be better off finding a Skunk 2. Anyone have experiences with this?? Which one provides more power etc...?? Thanks guys

yes i would like to know because i just picked up the skunk2 IM with hondata gasket and would like to know the pros and cons of the two setups.
    www.rms-usa.com

Comment

anyone have any information on the two?
      www.rms-usa.com

Comment

currently have the skunk2 IM, and no complaints on the performance aspect of it, but fitment on the cb7 is terrible. if you have abs, even worse. you have to cut the intake at least 2in. off before the tb, and you have to either relocate the vaccum control box, or remove the black plastic casing just so that the intake will fit. and lately i've noticed, when i start the car(cold starts only) the back of the IM hits the brake booster housing.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Ive never ran with the stock manifold or the Skunk2, but im happy with my Euro R manifold. It does require alot of work to get it fitting, but its nothign too difficult. We used some t brackets for the vacuum lines, had to drill a hole for the MAP sensor, and make a bracket for the throttle cable and fuel rail. We also had to bend the fuel line slightly to clear the EGR valve, block off some ports, including the EGR ports in the runners.

(yeah, i know the coolant lines are ghettoed right now, I had to throw it together quickly)
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a good how to posted by 2point6 at collective racing on how to install the euro-r intake:
            http://www.collectiveracing.net/cgi-...t=ST;f=11;t=87
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
              Here's a good how to posted by 2point6 at collective racing on how to install the euro-r intake:
              http://www.collectiveracing.net/cgi-...t=ST;f=11;t=87
              Ditto, thats what I used as a guide. If your using a Hondata/Profab gasket, you dont need to grind on the manifold.

Comment

thanks guys i appreciate the responses!

Comment

I love my Euro-R, The fitment is excellent. Let me tell you after tuning my car the damn thing keeps you pinned in the seat up to 8500 when I shift. Very happy with the results.

I'll have new pix in my member's ride post in the next few weeks.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

well i installed my skunk2 IM w/hondata gasket last night and i have to admit i was impressed with the results. the install took about 3 hours and it was well worth it. the instructions were very easy to understand and they supplied everything in the kit. when i took the stock manifold off whoever did the gasket last time forgot the gasket. they just put RV silicone on it and called it good. so all in all i was very impressed with the fitment and performance of the skunk2 IM.
                    www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X