Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20 DOHC VTEC Engine Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20 DOHC VTEC Engine Build

Okay I will be documenting my build. I decided to go with this build since the parts fell into my lap.

**THREAD RULES**

Keep your negative comments to yourself.
    I don't care to hear about how unreliable this build will be. (It's my build)
    I don't care to hear about why not buy an H22? (I have one)

With that said, here it goes.

What I have:

JDM F20A block
    H22A1 Head

Plans:

Low comp pistons
    Forged rods
    Sleeves
    MASSIVE BOOST!!!
    Cams

I will post post pics of the progress and of everything needed to be done to make this work correctly.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

i know is off topic but your cb9 is too sick for the streets...really nice man do what you do,it ill look awsome anyway!

Comment

Sir! i would fucking love to see the outcome of this. Like this is awesome. I'm honestly taken aback, i have butterflies in ma tummy. Just one question, which in my mind i figured as much would be an answer in itself, but i just want to know, nothing more. The H22A1 head, you had already had it acquired from before?

Then decide to go all..I'm mad doctor/scientist MWUAHAHAHAHA!!

Well. Props to you sir, i honestly will be watching this. AS IN! To see the outcome of this should be different. And as what is to be expect as well. The feel, performance etc. I'm excited.. I'm guessing its goin to be like a Detuned F20B (just a guess! nothing more. well i dont know). I feel like a little girl.

EDIT! After reading the OP's post again, i realized he's going straight into boost. Personally, I would i have loved to see it in N/A form first before it went into Boost, oh well. I still want to this anyway!
      Last edited by jamaicancb3; 08-16-2010, 11:53 PM.
      '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

damn you, as if your not already quick enough!! you just moved, you gotta get the house in order first,especially your garage! but seriously, that sounds awesome & I have no doubts that you'll accomplish it! good luck with the build,cant wait to see it! I wish i had more time to hang around to see it happening! (if something comes up & you cant do it, I heard the f22b1 is great for boosting,hint hint) seriously, all the best to you!

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
          Sir! i would fucking love to see the outcome of this. Like this is awesome. I'm honestly taken aback, i have butterflies in ma tummy. Just one question, which in my mind i figured as much would be an answer in itself, but i just want to know, nothing more. The H22A1 head, you had already had it acquired from before?

Then decide to go all..I'm mad doctor/scientist MWUAHAHAHAHA!!

Well. Props to you sir, i honestly will be watching this. AS IN! To see the outcome of this should be different. And as what is to be expect as well. The feel, performance etc. I'm excited.. I'm guessing its goin to be like a Detuned F20B (just a guess! nothing more. well i dont know). I feel like a little girl.

EDIT! After reading the OP's post again, i realized he's going straight into boost. Personally, I would i have loved to see it in N/A form first before it went into Boost, oh well. I still want to this anyway!
          Yeah, I paid 50 bucks for the complete head from a running motor. I already had the block in mind for another build.

I want to do this because most say it won't work right or be reliable. I want to see for myself. No one can say that the block wasn't meant to rev high, so there you have it.

A few pics:

The proof.

Nice.

The ports that don't line up to be addressed first:

Intake side.

Exhaust side.

More to come...
          Last edited by djcaz_aom; 08-17-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
            damn you, as if your not already quick enough!! you just moved, you gotta get the house in order first,especially your garage! but seriously, that sounds awesome & I have no doubts that you'll accomplish it! good luck with the build,cant wait to see it! I wish i had more time to hang around to see it happening! (if something comes up & you cant do it, I heard the f22b1 is great for boosting,hint hint) seriously, all the best to you!
            I will keep you posted!!! That particular block is going to be a high compression beast(F22B1)

I will be running the motor N/A for a little while until I have the turbo pieced together and a dyno tuning scheduled.

Fast enough? What does that mean? 700HP or bust!!!!

Comment

nice pics...and are you serious about the 700 hp,and thats for the wagon!?dood..i would love to see that dyno sheet ...if wagons were only rwd...

Comment

Originally posted by 87awwhelznaww92 View Post
                nice pics...and are you serious about the 700 hp,and thats for the wagon!?dood..i would love to see that dyno sheet ...if wagons were only rwd...
                Very serious. I aim high and even if I fall a little shy, that will be a feat on its own.

Comment

Im glad to see someone actually doing the swap, not just going " HAI GUIZE HOW TO I MAKE MAH ENGINE HAD VTECS!!!! "

Your pretty much like " Yep im doing the swap so sit down, shut the fuck up and watch "

PS: i love the 9091 bumper on your wagon.

Comment

Thats very intresting. Oh, Let me tell you. Rev happy in the sense, its alot more rev happy than a F22a, yea sure. I guess because i'm used to having a F20a i can't really tell the difference that much. Also because i'm used to driving different cars whether its my mother, brother, friends, uncle. So when i sit back in my car it's like this "Ugh, back in this old trusty gem..still love you though!". So i would say it is rev happy but not revvy as person make it out to be. Hitting redline is easy i'll give you that. It's no problem to see the tach wanting to fly to and pass 5000 in NO TIME, seriously. Sometimes when i'm driving a little spirited, i wonder since when did the need reach there.
                    '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

good progress, can't wait till this is finished.

Comment

The build is very interesting I will stay tune for this

Comment

this 2.0 bottem end is gonna rev to the moon, i should know
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Fast enough? What does that mean? 700HP or bust!!!![/QUOTE]

with your knowledge, how bout 750hp?! Im sure youre gonna do an overly above kick ass job with this engine. man, i really wish i had more free time during the days jus to see how its all coming along! ive liked your wagon since i first saw it, i wonder how much more ill love it now..... cant wait what? v8 supercharged cobras?

Comment

What headgasket would you use, if you dont mind me asking?
                              www.PreludePower.com
                              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Working...
                              X