Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My '91 4dr EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '91 4dr EX

Going on 2 months of having the car, and I love it more and more all the time

F22a4

So far all I've done is new wheels and tires, change all fluids, fix the poorly done timing belt job that had been done (2 teeth off ), replace the coil and ignitor, and alternator, (Thanks Juan! I owe you man!), Put a set of 12K HID's, and gave it a wax, which it needs done again.

I still have a problem with idle surging until it gets up to temp, and I plan on replacing the lower timing belt cover, water pump, oil pump, and timing belt, because both pumps leak, and the lower timing belt cover was never replaced when the belt was. And currently, my exhaust (stock), has developed a million holes and fills the cabin with exhaust if the windows are up, just waiting for payday to come around to fix that one though.

Plan on lowering it 2.5" in the front a 2" in the rear. But for now it's just my go-kart-tastic econo-car =P
    My '73 Powerwagon doesn't do well on fuel

I'll post more pics as I make more progress
    -DunKrS

15 views no replies, come on cb7tuner, show this newbii some love.

welcome aboard friend, alot of ppl love that unique color of your car.

i love my cb more and more everyday as well, check my 2 links in my sig for some possible idea's. thanks.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Tint and drop and it'll be fresh.

Whereabouts in Oregon are you located? Quite a few members from there as well.
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

looks great!
        what wheels are they off of, they go good on ur car!
        keep it up!

Comment

nice man keep it up! i like that color
          "Números para las cuentas,palabras para las damas,la mano para los amigos y las balas para los enemigos"

"Numbers for the accounts, words for the ladies, hand for friends and bullets for the enemies!

Comment

I've had some bad luck as of the last 2 days, my power steering belt jumped, and shredded itself, it was only like 3 months old =/ then I drove my car home from my cousins house and when I hopped in my friends car right after I parked, I could see coolant puking all over the ground, 18 year old hose decided it couldn't take it any longer lol

I'm from a town about an hour and 20 minutes away from portland, Juan is my neighbor =P

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get some good slotted rotors for the front? I desperately need new rotors and don't wanna go the stock replacement route.

I can't wait to get the headlights black housed, drop it, tint it, and fix the drivers side rear window, it's about the only thing left that doesn't work, the motor works but the gear box is a mess and I couldn't get it to stay on track.

I still need to fix the exhaust, I like the way Juan's car sounds but I think I'd keep my cat, and put a glasspack, hopefully it'll be close to the same sound but quieter, She's bone stock for now though

I got the wheels and tires for $205 total for all of it, brand new toyo zexius tires, and the wheels from a local scrap yard, I've only seen 2 other accords with them and they were both special edition cars like 94 and newer I think, I have yet to confirm what the come off of though.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement guys!
            -Derek

Comment

looks good...nice looking power wagon too. That's one of the things I like about my accord as well...the fuel mileage...because my dodge is a little thirsty he heh...

Comment

they are nissan sentra rims.

Comment

They look like 6th gen Accord wheels. '00 SE wheels to be specific.
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

looks good bro
                    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post
                      they are nissan sentra rims.
                      They're Honda wheels, they've got "H" centercaps and say Honda in the casting on the back =P

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                      They look like 6th gen Accord wheels. '00 SE wheels to be specific.
                      Exactly!
                      Last edited by DunKrS; 09-06-2010, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Im his neighbor.... Whats up son?
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

New exhaust, WTF?

Looking at the backside of the cat, what would cause this? The Muffler sounded like it had 15 packets of Ramen broken in it.

Anyways, New 2 1/4" from the cat back, 18" glasspack in place of the old resonator, and a magnaflow muffler, in total, $34.87 for 10' of 2 1/4" pipe, $35 for the muffler guy to bend it for me, Glasspack was Free.99, and the muffler was $10 from my friend. $80 and 5 hours later, it sounds PERFECT. Nice deep LOW hum, No Rasp what so EVER, and it almost gets quieter as you rev it up. Pulls nicely through the R's and the power goes till redline instead of nosing off around 4500

Comment

looks like cake icing in the cat, and ya them wheels are from a 6th gen accord.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

A few new pictures, Nothing special yet.

Still leaking oil from either my rear main seal, or my rear balancer shaft, trying to source a lower timing cover so when I do my timing belt and water pump and replace those seals I can call it done and seal it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X