Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Off-Topic Section....

....is for NON-CAR RELATED MATERIAL.

Yes, it's the busiest section but asking questions about your timing belt or overheating, is only going to get the Mods on you and your thread closed.

ಠ_ಠ
    Last edited by MikeW; 09-22-2010, 01:11 AM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

ive been thinking the same thing

Comment

I hate to say it but the reason people are posting in the OT section instead of their respected sections is because the ratios are off. The smart people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

And i dont blame them. The new kids arent searching and its becoming a problem. The OGs that do stick around dont post much or theyre like me and just lounge in the OT section. Another reason i created the OT lounge thread; so any and all miscellaneous things could be posted and said. It got out of hand, but now people are making threads about dumb shit instead of putting in the OTL. Just saying.

This is a great place and there's tons of info people just dont wanna look for it. I know how hard it is to keep answering the same questions but its hard to keep linking to info and telling newbs to search only turns us into Honda-Tech.

It's a double-edged sword and it sucks.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

seems like only 1 out of 10 threads in the beginners section arent being answered. as far as the question being answered correctly is another ordeal. like the infamous CEL code 43...

"Ive changed the fuel filter and fuel pump and i still have the code!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

ive made an entire thread on just that one code, lol. people just need to search for it.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I got a little excited when I read the thread name to be honest. I'm sure you could figure out why.

Comment

i have noticed that i am not to good with the search engine

not that i post up a whole bunch of frivolous threads but it has been an issue searching for a specific problem and a bunch of threads with little to no info pops up.

i could just be me but i am sure there are plenty of other members and guest that have this same issue
            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              ....is for NON-CAR RELATED MARERIAL.
              That's just silly.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                i have noticed that i am not to good with the search engine

not that i post up a whole bunch of frivolous threads but it has been an issue searching for a specific problem and a bunch of threads with little to no info pops up.

i could just be me but i am sure there are plenty of other members and guest that have this same issue

Use google to search this site and you will receive better results.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                  That's just silly.
                  What joo talkin bout?

Comment

Yeah, I'm noticing the OT technical threads. I don't mind it so much in the Beginner sections, because those posts don't count... so when the thread goes off topic, as they always do, it doesn't matter so much. Here, people do it because the OT section is more active than anything else. What they don't realize is that a large number of the members posting here don't have CB7s anymore... or never did in the first place!

I'll start deleting them as I see them. It's 3 extra clicks to move a thread, and that's too much work.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    Use google to search this site and you will receive better results.
                    Exactly. Go to Google, type in what you want to find, and follow it with site=www.cb7tuner.com and your search results will be from this site only. Far better than the vBulletin search function.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                      I hate to say it but the reason people are posting in the OT section instead of their respected sections is because the ratios are off. The smart people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

And i dont blame them. The new kids arent searching and its becoming a problem. The OGs that do stick around dont post much or theyre like me and just lounge in the OT section. Another reason i created the OT lounge thread; so any and all miscellaneous things could be posted and said. It got out of hand, but now people are making threads about dumb shit instead of putting in the OTL. Just saying.

This is a great place and there's tons of info people just dont wanna look for it. I know how hard it is to keep answering the same questions but its hard to keep linking to info and telling newbs to search only turns us into Honda-Tech.

It's a double-edged sword and it sucks.
                      You forgot to add an AND OVER AGAIN in there...

Comment

Well what about questions about other cars?

Some times ill post a question in off topic just because no one is in the " other aumotive section "

Comment

you should make an updated rules/beginner thread that tells them that if they cant find it on there own they should use google then if they cant find it make a thread, or something along the lines of that
                          -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to make a "helpful tips" thread.
                            Nobody will read it until forced to do so... but at least it will be there when that happens!

I'll include helpful search tips, links to common resources, and tips on how not to get banned (or treated like an idiot... )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Yeah, I'm going to make a "helpful tips" thread.
                              Ooh, I wanna help!

When searching, using asterisks helps a lot.

For example, if you're wanting to know something about piping, not every result will say "piping". It could say "pipe", "pipes", "pipping", etc.

If you type in "pip*", it'll search for everything that starts with "pip".

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X