Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tow Hooks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tow Hooks

hey guys is there any1 that makes those toe hooks like from golden eagle or anything

i been trying to find some but no go , are they universal i never had a pair before

Benen is pretty good.
    Are you wanting them for looks, or will you actually be using them if you run off course while auto-x'ing?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

lol just for looks

unless i break down at the track and my friend can pull me off the track with it .... but more likely just for looks

Comment

If it's just for looks, you can use any of them. Just find a style and color you like. Your friend can tow you out with your factory tow hook if needed.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

lol ok ty for letting me know like i said i just see civics having them on there cars i didnt know they where universal

Comment

My back tow hook.....

my front....

the back is real tow while the front is just for looks lol
            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

where did you attach your front tow hook onto? ive been trying to think of place to put mine on. unless you just drilled your own holes haha

Comment

yea all you do is drill holes in the bumper support for the front tow hook. it makes it easyer if you remove the bumper. and the rear there are a couple spots were you can mount it but benen makes some bwr(black works racing) i had benen there finished looked nicer.

Comment

alright sounds good. im planing on doing a plate re locator and switching out to some smoked out corners as well as blackhousing the headlights in the upcoming week so i'll just do it then when i take off the bumper.

for the rear, the only mount i could find was faaar back on the driver side. and if i put the hook on there, you could barely see it from under the bumper haha so i just had someone weld an extension and so i got the fitment the way i wanted it to. if i can find a picture i'll post it.

Comment

I put mine on where front tow hook are but mine isn't just for look though:

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

so somewhere behind the front bumper on the right, theres an actual attachment for the front tow hook? sweet i'll check it out

Comment

I'll never understand the point of parts that exist to serve a particular function, being added "just for looks".

They're tow hooks. Loops of metal bolted to solid points on your car. That's it. They're not exactly model-specific pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by 909_cb7
                          so somewhere behind the front bumper on the right, theres an actual attachment for the front tow hook? sweet i'll check it out
                          Left and right.
                          Get alloy or steel not aluminum.

Originally posted by deevergote
                          I'll never understand the point of parts that exist to serve a particular function, being added "just for looks".

They're tow hooks. Loops of metal bolted to solid points on your car. That's it. They're not exactly model-specific pieces.
                          Very true boss.
                          But I have my reason

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by kouzie View Post
                            Left and right.
                            Get alloy or steel not aluminum.

Thanks man! i'll give it a try soon!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

like stickers. :3 you know they add some much needed power, but i'd slap em on just cuz i like em

On a side note, I was thinking about picking up a rear tow hook too, a black one... see so many of em around they're kinda growin' on me. I want one just for looks too!
                              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Working...
                              X