Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Initial Engine Bay Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Engine Bay Wash

Any tips??? I'm no detail/washing guru so I'm not real sure how to go about it. The engine bay is dirty and I'd like to wash the dirt and oil off of it. I was palnning on spraying the whole engine compartment with Castrol Superclean as thats all I have and then rinse it with the garden hose. I'm not sure if thats a good way to go about it, but thats my best idea so far. Now I'm not going to go as far as armoralling the rubber and stuff like that. I just want to wash the junk off of it. Any suggestions???
    My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

read somewhere on this site about trying to cover the distributor so it doesnt get wet
    IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

Cover your distubitor and if you have a cold air intake take off the filter and cover the pipe with a bag. And spray.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Cover dizzy and alternator. Spray engine degreaser on everything besides dizzy and alt. (should be covered up anyways) spray with pressure washer (local car wash would do) drive until engine is dry.

Comment

Cool deal. Thanks guys. I'll whip out the digital camera and get some before and after pics of it.

Sold To:

Comment

Be careful with that cleaner, and be sure to dilute it... I've used it before at full strength, and it pitted and stained my V/C, and strut bar.
            29 MPG in town ~ ?? MPG Highway
            Originally posted by deevergote
            "how can I make my car unique, just like yours?"

Comment

Yes always dilute degreaser cleaners. At full strength some cleaners can eat wire insulation and can take off paint. I use bright 601 and m30 both are very powerful stuff.

Comment

I've never diluted Superclean. I covered the distributor with a Wal-Mart sack and proceeded to spray everything in sight with Superclean. I let it set for about 5 minutes, then hosed it off real good. It isn't "eat off of it" clean, but it's considerably cleaner than it was. I'll upload some pics later. I'm going to go over it again on wednesday and hit the spots that didn't come too clean. I'm not looking for show quality, but I'd like to be able to identify engine components. lol.

Sold To:

Comment

i used simple green motorsports and it took out most of my dirt and cleaned up some other stuff. it works very well

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                    i used simple green motorsports and it took out most of my dirt and cleaned up some other stuff. it works very well
                    Simple Green is pretty good stuff too. I'm going to try to touch up a few spots this week.

Sold To:

Comment

Originally posted by 93Accordian View Post
                      Simple Green is pretty good stuff too. I'm going to try to touch up a few spots this week.
                      simple green is very strong...nothing simple about it. Just incase, you can wet the distributor, alternator but dont soak it...ive washed my bay on almost all my cars and i dont cover anything but you have to know how to spray the water so that it doesnt soak everything. ....just my .02 incase your bags/covers fall off while washing.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                        simple green is very strong...nothing simple about it. Just incase, you can wet the distributor, alternator but dont soak it...ive washed my bay on almost all my cars and i dont cover anything but you have to know how to spray the water so that it doesnt soak everything. ....just my .02 incase your bags/covers fall off while washing.
                        10-4. I always make sure that I don't need to drive it for awhile so it'll have time to dry.

Sold To:

Comment

Even if you cover the dizzy and the alternator what about some wires that are coming out of the heat shrink? And do you recommend using a garden hose with a different head like jet spray ?
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

Originally posted by Justin123560 View Post
                            Even if you cover the dizzy and the alternator what about some wires that are coming out of the heat shrink? And do you recommend using a garden hose with a different head like jet spray ?
                            i would recommend a regular sprayer. just in case you do hit the vulnerable electrical parts you dont soak it with water

Comment

if you're using a pressure washer, spray at least 2 ft away from your car. Dont be shoving that nozzle directly into your engine bay, just spray in a fan motion.

Contrary to belief, you get more dirty out with a good old brush than a pressure hose. Pressure hose just loosens it and makes it easier to brush the dirt off later.

I sprayed degreaser everywhere and hosed it down initially.

Then went at it with a spray bottle, brush and a towel

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                              before:

after:

got tired of having a dirty engine ><
                              Last edited by ikayto; 07-26-2011, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X