Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will these fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these fit?

I am going to be getting Sparco NS2's soon and they are 16s which i know should fit my 1991 Accord Ex fine. But will the tires fit. The stock size for 91 CB7 Ex accords are 195/60r15, but the tires on the sparks are 225 65 R16. Will these still fit? and clear my calipers and be alright and safe to drive with. I just want to know. THANKS!

^^ We need to know what offset they are too, as that can make a huge difference. Also whats the width of the rims?

205/50/16's I believe would be the best choice, depending upon the width of the rim.

Right now with 225/65/16's the sidewall height is too much, thats the equivalent of 22" rim/tire combination. Our cars use 21", so it would mess up your speedometer bad.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

What of my speedometer doesn't work anyway? And I don't plan on fixing it anytime soon haha. Also, I don't k ow the offset yet. But when I do I will let you know

Comment

Fix your speedometer. Don't be an idiot.

Comment

I don't know whats worn with the speedometer. An i don't know how to fix it. So yeah. I have had people tell me its all types of things of what it might be. Okay, how about this.

Will these tires, fit on my car and will i be able to drive safely until i can get new tires that will be proper (a few months) ?

Comment

They will work on your car. That's about all anyone will tell you. Nobody wants the responsibility of telling you it's safe to use the wrong size tires on your car.
            If you're not in desperate need of new tires right now, and you just want the wheels... i suggest buying the wheels and selling those tires on ebay or craigslist. Then buy new tires of a proper size.

As for the speedo, it's pretty simple... either your VSS is bad, or your speedometer itself is bad.

I don't understand why you're so anxious to modify your car when such an important part isn't functioning...

Comment

Okay. What is the max size on tires i can have to have proper tires. is it one size. or is there one or two sizes that will be fine? like 205 /50's would be the best (says cloudasc)
              would 205/40 be alright? will 210/40 fit? what about 210/50? what are the different combinations for cb7's

Comment

205/40/16 would look absurd on your car. I made that mistake when ordering wheels for my friend, and his CD5 looked like a HotWheels car.

Get tires of the correct size for the wheels. I would say don't go any wider than 215. 50 should be the smallest aspect ratio, 55 should be the tallest. More than that, and you'll have problems. Less than that, it'll look dumb... and it won't protect the wheel very well.

Comment

Thank you so much deeve! Your help is appreciated! Also don't go above 215 and don't go below what?

Comment

Don't go above 215 for the width (the first number.) Don't go below 50 or above 55 for the height (the second number. properly called the "aspect ratio", as it changes based on the width and diameter.) Obviously, the third number is dictated by the diameter of the rim.

Comment

I feel like this guy keeps asking Google-able questions...
                      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Yes i know that. don't go above 215 for the width, but don't go below what for the width? Also what about offset? What is the max? and what is the minimum

Comment

Don't go below 195.
                          Since we don't know the actual width of your rims, it's impossible to say. If they're stupid wide, you may HAVE to go with a 215.
                          The size cloudasc suggested is good. 205/50/16. If you want a fatter tire (and more protection for the wheel) go with a 205/55/16.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                          I feel like this guy keeps asking Google-able questions...
                          Agreed.

Comment

Alright well thank you very much.

Comment

A good reference, and something that would really have made this thread unnecessary, is to go on the most common wheel/tire sites (tirerack, tires.com, etc..) and search for wheel/tire combos in the size you want. They'll tell you what tire size you'll need.

Comment

Working...
                              X