Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

most comfortable long distance seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most comfortable long distance seats

I'm trying too get ideas for more comfortable front seats with long distance driving in mind. (200+miles) I've found that the accord front seats are rather uncomfortable after 150 miles or so. I've already tried upgrading to accord seats with lumbar support but the bottom of the seat doesn't have enough cushion. I'm thinking of using 97 front prelude seats. I'm not sure how comfortable these are over long distances. Does anyone have an opinion on prelude seats for comfort. Whats other members experiences with front seat swaps. Who believes they have the best fitting most comfortable seat swap for the accord.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

If you're willing to fab custom mounts and rails, any seat can be used. How much you want to spend is up to you.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I believe CL seats fit. I don't have any appreciable seat time in them though.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Airplane seats are the most comfortable for the distance traveled.

Seriously though, it's up to the person sitting in it. What I think is comfortable you may think is awful.

On another note, swapping from Accord (family car) seats to Prelude (Honda's sport's car at that time) seats doesn't sound like a better "comfort" option.

Comment

Personally, I actually find the stock Accord seats in my coupe are rather comfortable for "long" drives. I've only driven about 150 miles with them though, so there's that.

I have had passengers tell me that the seat is surprisingly comfortable.

I agree with the "family" seat being generally more comfortable than "sporty" seat idea.

Comment

Switch to 90's Acura legend seats... One mount has to be changed in the front n the rear backrest material pulled back n frame part has to be cut down on the corners n material clipped back on. I had a whole black leather set in my sedan I had a while back.
            4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

cl seats for the least amount of work.
              COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                If you're willing to fab custom mounts and rails, any seat can be used. How much you want to spend is up to you.
                yes anything can be made with a little fabrication skill
                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                  Airplane seats are the most comfortable for the distance traveled.

Seriously though, it's up to the person sitting in it. What I think is comfortable you may think is awful.

On another note, swapping from Accord (family car) seats to Prelude (Honda's sport's car at that time) seats doesn't sound like a better "comfort" option.
                  but seriously i was asking for the best fitting not sure how well airline seats will fit.
                  CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                    Personally, I actually find the stock Accord seats in my coupe are rather comfortable for "long" drives. I've only driven about 150 miles with them though, so there's that.

I have had passengers tell me that the seat is surprisingly comfortable.

I agree with the "family" seat being generally more comfortable than "sporty" seat idea.
                    sorry i've found anything over 150 miles and the seats start being hard as a board
                    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

the ideas so far are decent anyone with anyother ideas
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                        the ideas so far are decent anyone with anyother ideas
                        Early 80s Toyota Cressida seats.

I drove a Cressida from LA to SF in California. I never once felt uncomfortable or felt like I was sitting on a rock. They are so comfortable. The Cressida was supposed to be Toyota's top of the line luxury car (before Lexus was available). Therefore, the seats have a luxurious amount of cushioning (haha). They are covered in Velour (so soft).

Comment

I've got RSX seats in my coupe. They've got adjustable height and lumbar. They have substantially more side bolstering and are pretty comfy. I like how they hug me in corners, but aren't overly soft or mushy. Its a nicely designed seat I think.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            I've got RSX seats in my coupe. They've got adjustable height and lumbar. They have substantially more side bolstering and are pretty comfy. I like how they hug me in corners, but aren't overly soft or mushy. Its a nicely designed seat I think.
                            i like this idea alot, have you done any long distance trips in them yet? how much fab work was there for the swap? gotta pic ?
                            CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I have '03-'07 Accord coupe seats in leather. It's a seat that combines a sporty feel with a lot of comfort.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X