Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The no idea what im doing 5spd/jdm swap thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The no idea what im doing 5spd/jdm swap thread!

So a few months ago I accidentally an accord. Still not sure why I bought this damn thing... Anyways plans for now are to do a 5spd swap and pick up a h23a bluetop from one of my local engine importers and get this thing running! Progress will be slow for now, because its cold as hell outside, I'm lazy, and I don't like working in the cold lol

it's a 1990 automatic sedan, I guess it's an ex? Idk. It's been repainted and the rust seems to be minimal which is pretty good for my area (maryland)

My bro checking it out

Where she rests for now

Looking all lonely next to my daily

Decided to start taking things apart:

Rad, alt, powersteering removed

Drained the oil, that doesn't look too promising!

Disconnected a bunch of other stuff(vacuum lines, harnesses, ac compressor, cruise control, manifold etc...)

Exhaust pretty much came out in 1 piece

Also didn't take any pics of this but pretty much have the shifter assembly unbolted from inside and all the bolts under the car removed...just haven't taken the assembly out yet cause it got too cold last time I was working on it. That's pretty much where I'm at as of now. Might be a while before any updates. Currently I'm on the hunt for swap parts such as pedal assemblies, h23 trans, axles..etc so any leads on that stuff would be appreciated. Stay tuned, I'm not very mechanically inclined so this is going to be a huge learning experience full of dumb questions from me

Probably going to go to junkyard within next couple of days to get some parts. Any advice on how to get all this crap out? I remember going before and had a dick of a time trying to get the pedals out then I ran out of time and gave up. Havn't been back since lol

Comment

Hope you get it worked out n that swap. What sre your actual plans on this build.

StraightAs jamz720
      HTTPS://youtu.be/sJA1_TQ-WVY

Comment

Thanks man, plans for now are to get it running with a h23vtec/h23trans then beat the ever living shit out of it lol

awwwwwwww sheit got the shifter mocked up lol

peep my swagtastic seat covers yo

Comment

Welcome.

First thing. She's a LX. There are some serious LX built on here. If you ever get some time, go look at a few. Try to take a peek at Timmy's or Alek's car if you get a chance. Those are 2 of my favorite LXs. There's a bunch, though.

Real rap, if you're lazy, if definitely not looking promising. These little ol' 'don't give two looks at' cars have a lot of potential, but it can be VERY frustrating getting there. Believe you me.

You have a plan, and you're taking the initiative to implement that. My suggestion is read on what you're trying to accomplish. There's multiple pages of detailed information on both aspects of your build that you've mentioned. It's all listed in the sub-sections of the forum as well as being found through the search function.

My advice, stick with it as it WILL become very frustrating. All the best.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Thanks for the info. In reference to the builds you have to consider that I don't know these people on a first name basis so I'd need their actual user names lol

Between here and hondatech i've read the procedure manymanymanymany times on both swaps but reading something and actually doing it are two different things

Also I mean lazy as in not motivated enough to work on this thing when it's below freezing and I have 2 other perfectly running vehicles haha. There's going to be more action on this thing when the weather is nicer out...or whenever we get that random nice day out while I'm off work

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
              Thanks for the info. In reference to the builds you have to consider that I don't know these people on a first name basis so I'd need their actual user names lol

Between here and hondatech i've read the procedure manymanymanymany times on both swaps but reading something and actually doing it are two different things

Also I mean lazy as in not motivated enough to work on this thing when it's below freezing and I have 2 other perfectly running vehicles haha. There's going to be more action on this thing when the weather is nicer out...or whenever we get that random nice day out while I'm off work
              In that case, I'm in the same boat as far as lazy.

It's a reason I didn't give their screen names. However, when you locate them, you'll understand.

If all goes well, I'll finally be working back on mine come February.
              Last edited by Straight Success; 01-20-2015, 07:45 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                In that case, I'm in the same boat as far as lazy.

It's a reason I didn't give their screen names. However, when you locate them, you'll understand.

If all goes well, I'll finally be working back on mine come February.
                That's not very helpful why not just tell him the screen name?

Comment

Originally posted by sgt g View Post
                  That's not very helpful why not just tell him the screen name?
                  To give people like him who take the initiative motivation to take the next step or go further. The effort at the end is well worth the work of searching/researching.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=103363

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

i guess that's who

Comment

As far as lead for parts goes, where are you hailing from Moore?

Comment

I'm in maryland

Comment

You should hit me up sometime. My shop is in Waldorf. We specialize in swaps.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

No shit? I'm in bowie so waldorf isn't that far of a drive for me, I go down there every now and then. You got a crazy build going on with your wagon man. Hopefully I can figure all this crap out...having a shop build this car kind of defeats the purpose of the build for me lol

Comment

Do threads in this section not go towards your post count?? Seems counter intuitive...

Went to salvage yard today to pull parts. Was wet, cold, windy and I didnt have enough tools but atleast got a good idea of how everything comes apart so next time I'm there it'll be easy.

Also ordered innovative conversion mounts. I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious

Comment

Working...
                              X