Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Big D's Westside turbo project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big D's Westside turbo project!

I am going to put new pics and a list of all the parts and accessories I can think of on page 3, so heads up!

Ok Here It is my 1990 Lx from Canada, has 299000km Has 18" Riax tenspoke rims with Falken Ziex 512 tires so traction will be good, tenzo r adjustable coilovers, currently has aem cold air intake, optima yellow top, rebuilt and completey powdercoated alt. and valve cover, and the alt and pwr steer. pulleys were all powdercoated with candy apple red paint, one coat silver, baked, one coat transparent red, then baked, then one coat clear, and final bake! It is good to have connections isnt it! I have red accell 300+ wires, currently have ngk iridium plugs, tenzo r polished strut bar, Centerforce dual friction clutch, any how and more to the point, I have a dsm 1st gen turbo manifold, dsm 14b turbocharger, dsm wastegate and o2 housing! This weekend I am getting the fourth dsm injector I need and my Intercooler, hope I can find a reasonable deal, and also my dsm bov and mount pipe are pending due to me being cheap and not wanting to fork over $40 cdn! Then while I am cleaning up all the parts and getting things rigged together I will be expecting a chipped p06 ecu from Midnite Racer X, Hopefully all goes well and Im sure it will, and as I proceed to install I will have pics and later I will have a vid of an auto-X I am entered in! Then I start building my spare F22A1 motor, it is just waiting to be worked on! It ran like a Accord motor should, still had no power, but from a wrecker, a whole car for $500cdn It had just been t boned is all! Well I am going to start taking pics of every angle and post all mods as I progress! Turbo power here I come.
    Last edited by westsideaccord; 05-01-2008, 12:04 PM.

WaC!

so many people going turbo GOD

Its the new h22a!!!!

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

If it wasnt meant to be it wouldnt be this much fun! Ive always wanted a turbo car of my own! Now my dream is in reach!

WaC!

Comment

Just purchased "metal" 1g dsm bov and mounting pipe for $30 cdn, it is hard to find these items around here, most people buy them up and wont let them go or at least not cheap!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
          so many people going turbo GOD

Its the new h22a!!!!
          true. Kinda wish I went nitrous now. too late...
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Went to junkyard and bought smic off a talon(smaller than I imagined) and got 4 injectors(now I have 7!?) and all the talon rubber charge pipes! The guy wanted "$200", I was like "whoa", he said "well how much were you thinkin" I was like "$50", then I said "I only have $75 and want an injector, I have tools to pull them!" He said ok, and when I went to pay for them he was like "thall be $80 after tax" So I reached into my pocket and pulled out $55 cash and $8 in change and borrowed $10 from my buddy kyle and he began to count it, he said "good nuff" I was like see ya and took all the parts! So I now have all the parts except ECU, which Midnite is shipping, and oil and coolant lines, which for at least the oil lines my friend will be bending hard lines for free! So now I am cleaning up all parts and Drilling out the manifold!
            $186 for ECU
            $60 for turbo, manifold, wastegate, o2 housing
            $30 for blow off and mounting pipe
            $75 for intercooler and injector(s) and all dsm rubber hoses
            $20 for DIY oil change
            =$371 so far!
            Canadian, not including gas to get parts!
            Last edited by westsideaccord; 06-15-2005, 11:34 PM.

WaC!

Comment

hey man I have a ss oil lint kit with all the fitting even the 12mm adapter that goes from the ss line to the 14B oil housing on the turbo, and the BSPT to 1/8" NPT block adapter. I let you have it for $55 shipped!! that goes for anyone just let me know. everything is brand new and the line is a -3AN. Very good deal if you ask me. All I used for my oil return was a barb type fitting on my oil pan and kept the oil outlet flange that my 14B came with connected with hi-pres 5/8" hose. Havn't had a problem yet. I can send those parts too for only $10 extra.

Comment

Sorry man but my buddy is hard-lineing it for me, he works with that shit all day and gets me my goods for free, I may have to buy fittings! So bump for the ss line kit anyone else? I am also doing the coolant lines but still trying to figure them out, lol! Peace!
                http://members.sounddomain.com/westsideaccord

WaC!

Comment

Anyone tell me what exactly 1step colder plugs are? I am currently using iridium! and dont want to detonate or mess shit up! I have ngk r's came with car would I just gap them 1 step closer? ! Peace!

WaC!

Comment

For the plugs go to a performance shop or just ask someone at your local auto parts store to get you plugs for the F22a but 1 step colder. Tell him that ur boosting your car so you need a different heat range plug. I think the stock plugs are heat range 5 in NKG and you wanna go with the heat range 4's. LATER

Comment

Im using NGK part #ZFR6F-11 plugs gapped to .028 and so far so good with the stock ignition. They just have a shorter insulator than the regular plugs and therefore are able to pull more heat from the combustion chamber and transfer it to the head. hope this helps

Comment

Yes, thank you for your help it did help me to understand my question! I am on my way to find me some plugs!

WaC!

Comment

if i had a dime for every new turbo project thread.... i'd probably be starting my own project thread by now..

on the otherhand.. have fun going boosted, you'll love it im sure!

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Got the "step colder plugs" and some fittings for lines! Soon my friends I will have pics I am still trying to figure out how, I tried hosting them on streetneeds.com but no luck! so if anyone knows how let me know! Peace

WaC!

Comment

I also drilled out the manifold, had to file forever, didnt have my rotary tool or bits! SUCKS to be me, ah well! I am gonna have everything done for when my ecu arrives! It helps that I have another f22a1 on an engine stand for mock up! Bending the hardlines and such is soooooo much easier! Also the exhaust should be a cinch with it also!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                              X