Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Big D's Westside turbo project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alot better than last year lol!

WaC!

Comment

Well, it has been awhile, like almost 12months at 8 psi on a turbo that I had to make out of the best parts of two! Also didnt use high C eprom burner cause it is broken, ordered a new one and it works! Boo for selling me shit that doesnt work at full cost!
      The engine is very healthy, only had trouble with oil leaks from the jb weld, and hardlines.
      Also found it to be a real pain to run a 3" downpipe, fitment and clearance issues( it fell off the car once lol) back to 2" dp, lame!
      the turbo seals are had, and it doesnt deem to wanna go back together nicely with new ones, so im looking at an evo3 16g from straightlinespecialties!
      Right now Im running the beast with a stock cast 4-2 header and the 2-1 dp, still running the 450cc and chipped ecu! runs good except cant go past 3500 or so cause of not tuned for na only for boost! LOL

Also not hooking up the oil catch can to the inlet of the turbo is bad due to condensation, it filled up with water and froze! good thing my engines still ok. Where do I get ss oil feed and return line? Kit? I wanna redo that part of my setup! along with a 2.5 inch dp!

WaC!

Comment

stealthmodeperformance.com for your oil line needs.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

pretty expensive anything less expensive? I live in canada and shipping always rapes us n2m the conversion! But thanks for the link!!!

WaC!

Comment

custom.

Comment

Done, custom is the way! check out the pics at the turbo pics thread!
              And only cost like 15 bux!
              Need to work on the oil feed now! Also it seems that the manifolds crack is geeting worse! Anyone know how to fix? I cant really afford a new one yet!

WaC!

Comment

jb weld owns

Comment

Actually to my demise, jb weld wouldnt hold up under the heat it just smokes and stinks

WaC!

Comment

you have to weld it with an arc welder. you need someone very experienced to do it
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                      Actually to my demise, jb weld wouldnt hold up under the heat it just smokes and stinks
                      haha, i know. I was just kidding.

fuck arc welding, get yourself a flux core and go at it. Grind the welds down if you really care about beauty.

Comment

try to weld cast, i can't do it. the only person i've met who can do it besides my dad was some aviation mechanic in florida. Never seen anyone else come close. you do know arc welding isn't pretty, and i didn't touch my weld. imperfections is what makes my car. jk. but really
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

it is hard, I've tried it. It gets messy as fuck, but if its just a small crack, it will do for some time.

Just save up for a better manifold.

Comment

OK e316g, 2gdsm mani, ebay wg dump, ported/polished head, wiseco forged 85.5 mm pistons, crower billet rods, wiseco rings, new bearings, stealthmode firewall and turbo oil feed lines, ebay IC piping kit, h22a4 plenum, fitv removed, h22a4 tb, f22a6 runners, new seals and gaskets, dsm metal bov, jrc 6" ic, chipped po6 with old tune right now lol!
                            IT RUNS! I need to adjust the idle screw but it mad screems!!!
                            Will have pics in a week!

WaC!

Comment

jrc 6" ic

what is this?

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                                try to weld cast, i can't do it. the only person i've met who can do it besides my dad was some aviation mechanic in florida. Never seen anyone else come close. you do know arc welding isn't pretty, and i didn't touch my weld. imperfections is what makes my car. jk. but really
                                I welded my external wastegate to cast, not hugely tidy, But it doesn't leak and hasn't cracked.
                                That was with a mig welder, and it diddn't have any gas.

BTW Arc can have a very nice weld depending on how clean the metal is and whos doing it. I managed to use a 150amp arc welder to weld exhaust pipe a couple of years ago, just have to be careful so you dont blow holes in the mild steel

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X