EXT: Hood Stand-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Hood Stand-off

well.. i have my hood raised on the top end part.. i dont have pix on how to do it..

but wat u need is
    -10mm socket.. and a wrench
    -spacers.. any size that suites your needs.. or if u have a skateboard.. u can use the 4 scateboard bearings
    -longer screws.. not too long

ok well..
    - unscrew ur hood
    - put the bearings or spacers in between the hood and the hinge...
    - screw ur hood with long enough screws.. not too long that it hits the top part of your hood
    - put all 4.. tighten it
    - and see the results

here are pix of how mine turned out

MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

not being arrogant or anything.. but whats the point of that? is there some advantage? maybe aerodynamics?

just curious..

Comment

...and the point of this is??
      Looks kinda kewl though.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

think about it...
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lets all the hot air go out the back
          www.2camcrew.com

Comment

i heard about this and wanted to do this too but i found out it creates drag. Like samshing with you windows down.

I am no longer using this forum name.
            You can find me as
            jdm_inspired...
            I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

may create lag.. but also saves ur engine from heat.. it trails the hot air out through that gap.. ask ppl around here.. its almost like a performance upgrade.. it really helps.. and u notice changes.. not in speed or torque or anything.. but in the temp of ur engine.. to the performance thread its there.. posted today

thanks..
              MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

id wonder if it would help with only like one washer in there?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ummmmmm.. no
                  MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Oooh... i didn't even know this was here...

It does help.. i did it today...

the only pain in the ass is finding bolts of the same thread pitch tha are long enough to fit a washer or spacer in there... luckily I had some old engine or engine bay bolts that worked with the addition of a washer to the backside...

I used some nuts to space mine out... it's damn ugly... you can see them from the outside and you either love or hate the look of it... but it really is a beneficial mod... Alot less heat soak from a standstill... and low speed power seems to have imporved slightly... and not to mention high speed also improved as well...

your intake is alot louder though... but oh well... IMO a good little mod...

I haven't noticed any drag issues... but the whole windows open drag thing is way overplayed IMO...

I have no long term proof to back this up... but I seem to getting slightly better mileage also... I dunno though... I'll have to measure it...
                    Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 06-11-2005, 03:50 AM.
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Cool fresh air "builds" up on you winshield - hence the "cowl effect" that we see on so many classic muscle cars. The huge 3'' hood that the old' guy with the '69 has, its to suck that cool, fresh air off of the winshield.
                      This 'mod' is similar to a cowl hood I suppose. Someone with a temperature guage could test the affects on engine temperatures by simply compairing the engines temperature before, and after, 'cowling' his hood. Silly as it may seam consider standing still in traffic, especially with a turbo, and not getting any air moving over the radiator. This would be very benificial to those people. See also luvers.
                      :-)

-Zipcreature
                      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                        This would be very benificial to those people. See also luvers.
                        :-)

-Zipcreature
                        luvers are just like smaller hood scoops...

Comment

Here..I posted this in another thread dealing with the hood spacers:

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                          It has a HUGE effect. I have a temp gauge the measures underhood temps and when I'm sitting still during the summer it averages around 180 to 190 degrees. When moving it drops down to 75 to 80 degrees. It really helps vent the hot air out of the engine bay. I raised the rear 3/4" using one piece nylon washers....

Comment

yes yes... i noticed you had it lifted in your members ride thread... but i never said anything about it. i assumed you did it for venting,i guess i was right... its a lot more tasteful than cutting and forming a large cowl on the hood, it looks stock butyou still get the effect.

nice mod

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks for the comments and BACKUP i should say lolx.. and i dont know if this is right.. but i thought of this with my commen sense and also looking at my bros turbo mr2.. but if u have a CF hood.. and if u have it for a long time youll start noticing that the CF is fading or theres something about it.. that u can just tell its becuz the heat.. well i was thinking if u have a stand-off hood.. who knows.. maybe itll help the CF cool down too lolx lolx..

this is a great mod for ppl that have turbo.. or i guess with a CF hood.. call me stupid.. but thats wat i think for a CF hood
                              MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Working...
                              X