• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: EGR Port Cleaning

http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf
    (Special thanks to who posted this)

great pics...

Comment

its weird. people done this and had good experiance...they took out the 4 holes...but mine has 6....they are all the EGR ports and it has one access port on the side....

im going to be doing this within the next week...so imma try my theroy and open all the holes up....see what i uncover.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i think that in general there might be 4-6 ports. depending on what part came from where.. doesnt matter.. aslong as it gets cleaned it should be good.

Comment

all have 6 ports and 1 access port except 1990. imma take em all out...maybe ill discover some gold

i went to the dealer today to buy some new port covers and they arent the same. instread of a flush mount like in the pictures, it is a hole inside like the inside of a pen cap. i dont like it. it looks ugly. they claim it is OEM but im like mine is OEM and mine is solid and nice.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

so after you drill them etc. you just leave the drill holes open? lol its late, I need to actually look at my shit first!

Comment

no u drill a hole, pull it out

clean

then put it back in or get new ones and hammer it back in.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

how bout u thread the top bit of the holes, and get a really short bolt and screw bolts into all of the EGR ports. == easy removal for recleaning down the road.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

umm. no you dont do that.. you just do it normal with new plugs.

Comment

u can actually do that to help you later, but it may look funny. but its smart. you have to do it with the OEM plugs though not the new ones tthat come from honda cause theirs are a differnt sytle and cant mount any threaded posts to it =/

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Hello. Does anyone have the Honda OEM part number for the EGR port plugs? Majestic Honda didn't know what I was talking about. Thanks.

Comment

17199-pt3-ahm

its a egr port cover, service port. tell them they are dumb.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Thanks a bunch. I just ordered the parts from Majestic. Take care.

Comment

the link doesnt work anymore...how do i clean my egr valve?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

It works for me..
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X