No announcement yet.

ENG: EGR Port Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this thred is up again, and I'm gonna do this this week, where the FUCK did you guys find a slide hammer? I tried every auto parts store without luck.
    I'll try Home Depot or Lowes tomorrow but I don't think they'll have it.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

PARTS LIST
      -EGR Port Plugs :: 17199-PT3-AHM

-EGR Plug Replacement Kit :: 07WAZ-001000A
      Includes: Slide Hammer
      10-24 Threaded Screw
      No. 25 Drill bit
      10-24 tap
      30 Replacement plugs
      Last edited by JaK FRoSTWhiTE; 06-16-2005, 09:57 PM.

Comment

That kit is $160. I still need a freaking slide hammer. Someone lend me theirs or tell me where to get one.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

well i did my EGR's

did all 6, and used a vaccume, throttle body cleaner, slide hammer and various other things,

i noticed maybe a tad of a difference, i was hopping for more of a noticable result, but i think my car is idling better and i'm glad i did it.
          Last edited by Final 204; 06-23-2005, 05:24 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey, uslspct i can help you do your plugs. I will try and do mine
            on Saturday to see how it goes. Then we can do them on your car.
            Imma try to get everything

Comment

I did em on Sunday. Didn't notice much difference. Let's see if my gas mileage gets a little better.
              I actually found a slide hammer at pepboys, they had 2. But the screws that come with them are garbage.
              Actually, I have had my check engine light come on and the car's idle go funky. I did 3 of the plugs. No problem. Then 2 more the next day and the problems start. It could just be all that carbon crap that got kicked out. Maybe messed with the O2 sensor, which needs replacing anyways. But then again it came back today out of nowhere. I hope it goes away or I have more troubleshooting to do.

And also, what about that one plug, that's not on one of the runners, but the other spot. It's right under a metal part of the manifold that holds the fpr. How'd you guys reach that one, all crooked?

MY RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                And also, what about that one plug, that's not on one of the runners, but the other spot. It's right under a metal part of the manifold that holds the fpr. How'd you guys reach that one, all crooked?
                For that one u have to go in a little crooked.
                Thats what i did. It worked out great. I did mine today at work with
                Adam (Fast93Accord) did all 6 of them in less than 35 minutes. Hes the best
                Any other questions let me know.

Comment

No more check engine light for me. But I'm pretty sure I don't feel a difference in revving or gas mileage from doing this. They did have carbon in them though. Can't wait to do it on an A6 manifold swap with it off the car.

MY RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                    17199-pt3-ahm

its a egr port cover, service port. tell them they are dumb.
                    under what sections are these in? i went to the intake mani at majestics and can't find theM??

or do i have to manuall request it? i need 4 right?
                    and is there any other way to do it w/o a slide hammer?
                    hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                      under what sections are these in? i went to the intake mani at majestics and can't find theM??

or do i have to manuall request it? i need 4 right?
                      and is there any other way to do it w/o a slide hammer?
                      [/B][/COLOR]
                      EGR Port Plugs :: 17199-PT3-AHM
                      No, you need a slide hammer. Its just easier.
                      Go to Honda and get them, total will be around 2 bucks.

Comment

shoots i guess i'll pick em up locally though i hope i dont get raped already. i need some hondabond anyways.

so i need 4? or will it be in a complete set already?
                        hahahahah

Comment

I bought 6 plugs i think they are .28 cents per...

Comment

well i had a real problem on finding the right screw for the drill bit lmao..
                            #1 egr port was so fucked up... i was cleaning it out and was wondering how come there was no hole in it as it was in the other egr ports... then i just hit the middle of it with a small screw driveer and wow... there was a whole in it tooo. i still cann't belive i drove my car with a complete cloged up egr port.
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Access to EGR Ports???

OK- MY EX can't be different from everyone else's?

I got a 92EX Coupe(originally from California). I have checked out the pics in the original link, as well as some others- and the locations of my ports are actually closer to the throttle body!!! In fact- out of the 6 ports- it looks like I can get to one- maybe two(closest to EGR valve), but the others are pretty much tucked under the throttle body.

How difficult is it to remove?

My car needs the ports cleaned badly. I had a used distributor put in after a fail to start, and it SEEMS as though I began to notice the sluggishness and hesitation then. However- I disconnected the vacuum line and plugged it and car ran great.

There's gotta be a way to get at these plugs without removing TB. OH- I got the replacement plugs already, and as others have mentioned- they are not solid metal- just appear to be hollow shells.

Chris

Comment

I have done this procedure before on my 91 EX. I have a 90 now with a JDM F22B and the spots where the plugs are SUPPOSED to be look plastered over or something.... Is this the way JDM's are? I know they scrap the Blocks after 50,000 miles so why do this type of maintainance, but i'm curious to know if anybody elses JDM's are like this??? And also WHAT in the world should i do?

Comment

Working...
                                X