X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Painting interior vinyl and fabric

Quoted from jay (flooredaccord) from accordtuner.com:

*DISCLAIMER*
    Accord Tuner nor flooredaccord (nor CB7Tuner) will be held liable for anything you mess up. Please make sure you understand the directions before you do it. If you have questions ask.

Tools required:
    14mm socket
    12mm socket
    flat head
    phillips head
    duct tape
    vinyil and fabric spray from autozone or walmart
    and patience for the rear seat

Use the 14mm to unbolt the front seats and unplug all wires. Thenm put those seats aside. Use the 12mm to undo the rear seats. There are 2 bolt on the bottom sides of the upper part of the seat. Then put that aside and there should be 1 bolt in the middle of the lowere part of the rear seat. unbolt that. Now door panels have like 4 screw find em and take teh panel off. Now tape off all the area you do not want to be colored. Proceed to spray the area you want colored. I would do a few coats obviously. Give them a few hours to dry and then bolt it all back up.. O yea take the tape off too.........My Seats pictured below.

Good luck,
    Jay
    Attached Files

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

this is the paint i used for my door panels, and it does start to fade after a while. but, it doesnt rub off on your clothes right? it seems to make the cloth stick together a little more and a tad bit more rough. but this works and doesnt come off right? ive not said anything yet here, im just kinda sceptical here. does it turn out well? does it feel rough? is it worth it?
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

that looks real good,, i might have to try it

Comment

Hey thats what i did a long time ago did my whole interior black and blue. Paint on seats will kinda fade in time since get in and out of car. My back seats look new cuz no one sits back there but driver seat is kinda fading. But it works. It does feel kinda rough when u finish it. But what i did was vacuum it a lot and it will soften it up.
        Last edited by accordingly2004; 12-29-2003, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X