I had a GREAT time...(yeah right)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a GREAT time...(yeah right)

So anyways, Since I had nothing better to do the other day, I decided to take a nice drive up to Phoenix, not just for the change of scenery and fun, but also to get my wheel spacers that Dominic had ordered for me.

So I had been having problems with my car not going into gears very well for like the past two weeks , but I thought nothing of it because I have had similar problems before. Anyways, I was cruising down the highway with one of my friends, we were bumpin some techno (DJ Micro) and havin' a good time, enjoyin' the A/C that my car never had....and talkin about stuff. Then I downshift to pass a swirving Semi getting blown by the wind and I notice that my clutch pedal kinda didn't want to some back up all the way...I had to help it back up. I thought nothing of it, I was having a good time lol, so we kept on cruising and suddenly we hear something fall out from the bottom of my car (sounded like a rock or something metal), and she asked me "what was that?" and I stupidly answered "probably a part of my clutch or something!" We laughed, and yet I forgot all about it(since im used to having problems like this everyday literally!) We finally got to the off ramp to Phoenix, as I was coming to a stop, I drop it in neutral, everything seemed fine until I pushed in the clutch and came to find out that it wasn't coming back up at all! With all of the semi's and cars piling up behind me, I had to move it...so I had her drive while I pushed this fat ass car up a hill onto a dirt lot on the side of the road.

As we are sitting there, many people drive by, stare and leave....so were like WTF!!! I didn't think about waving a cop my way because I have expired tags and a suspended license...so that was out of the question(remember the part that fell off on the highway?) so I opened up my hood to find a fallen off (halfway decinigrated) slave cylinder leaking fluid everywhere!!! I tried to pull it off(since one of the bolts was missing and the other almost falling out) to see what damage it had internaly, and thats when all the inernals fell right out. So we quickly started brainstorming ideas since I was running out of propel, and the Az sun is waaaaay hot, and I came to the conclusion thet the only way to get the car going was to start it in gear with no clutch......I was sucessful, and quickly got back on the road towards Phoenix. I know how to shift without using the clutch which was a plus

Heres where the adventure begins....it was like a game....I felt like a ghetto illegal mexican with a stolen car....the game was how many lights can I get through without getting screwed? The answer is not a damn single effin one!! Every light I caught (there was like 36 of them) I had to kill the engine, put it in gear and start it in gear!I somehow made it to Dominics work in one piece! He helped me order the Slave Cylinder.....when it got there, I hung out for a little while then I decided to leave so I could work on my car before it got too dark and stormy....I got to my friend Alex's house to fix it....well first we played some turismo, then I got to work..hehe

I came to find out about 30mins later that the bolt holes were completely stripped out! I would put the bolt in and it would come right out with the threads from inside the hole! Man o man, it was NOT a good time!! This was such a random problem to occour! So I had to limp it back to tucson exactly the way I got through Phoenix. To this day, the car has been parked..i dunno what to do...or what kind of damage was created during this exciting journey so here I sit....on my lazy ass debating weather or not, I ever want to fix my car again.....this is a $3200 dollar built tranny (1 of 3) that maybe damaged! So there's my story, hope you enjoyed it....

P.S. I think my car was mad at me because I threw my wallet at it the other day, telling it that it takes all my money...my car has a freakin' personlaity possibly a bad one! I may have issues too...i dunno!
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

haha...entertaining story enjoyed

Comment

sucks, you need to find bolts that match the slave cyl bolts but are slighly longer... theres a bit of thread still deep in there that it can catch onto... or option 2, re-thread it with a slightly larger thread then drill out the slave cyl holes a bit and use bigger bolts...

good luck man, good job getting it home.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
        sucks, you need to find bolts that match the slave cyl bolts but are slighly longer... theres a bit of thread still deep in there that it can catch onto... or option 2, re-thread it with a slightly larger thread then drill out the slave cyl holes a bit and use bigger bolts...

good luck man, good job getting it home.
        Yeah my initial idea was to re-thread it, and use larger bolts, it just sucks that it had to happen!!!
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          haha...entertaining story enjoyed
          glad you enjoyed it!!! haha
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

How do you change gears without using the clutch?my dad told me he could do that but i didn't believe him.How do you go about that without destroying the tranny?Not that i wanna try it my self...lol

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

so is this part of the motivation to get doms car?.. haha dayam sorry to hear about you bad luck man, but soon you will be sitting pretty.

goo luck with it all man.. and hit me back when you decide on something.

Comment

Fix It Your car is to Bad-Ass to let it go to waste....
                Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                  How do you change gears without using the clutch?my dad told me he could do that but i didn't believe him.How do you go about that without destroying the tranny?Not that i wanna try it my self...lol

ILBB
                  its actually really easy...I think it was even easier to shift without the clutch lol.....all you have to do whilst upshifting is go until you wanna shift then put a lil pressure on the shifter until it goes in....while downshifting, you wanna rev the engine while holding pressure on the shifter until it goes into gear...its pretty simple...although downshifting can be a drag if you don't know what you're doing...and you gotta have a healthy tranny or else you will grind the shizzle out of it!
                  1991 Honda Accord Ex
                  Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                  Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                    so is this part of the motivation to get doms car?.. haha dayam sorry to hear about you bad luck man, but soon you will be sitting pretty.

goo luck with it all man.. and hit me back when you decide on something.
                    Pretty much took the words roght out of my mouth! I need a car that won't break every five minutes......i'll let you know, if and when I wanna get rid of anything!

laguna......ill have to think about fixing it right now....im saving a lot of money by having it parked...lol
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
                      its actually really easy...I think it was even easier to shift without the clutch lol.....all you have to do whilst upshifting is go until you wanna shift then put a lil pressure on the shifter until it goes in....while downshifting, you wanna rev the engine while holding pressure on the shifter until it goes into gear...its pretty simple...although downshifting can be a drag if you don't know what you're doing...and you gotta have a healthy tranny or else you will grind the shizzle out of it!
                      o,so no mashing the gear in...is it safe to just be cruisin in gear and when you see a stop light and let the gas go and pop it in neutral w/ out the clutch?

ILBB
                      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                        o,so no mashing the gear in...is it safe to just be cruisin in gear and when you see a stop light and let the gas go and pop it in neutral w/ out the clutch?

ILBB
                        Yeah, thats fine... you just have to get it at the right time or it'll wear it out. But thats just like how he gets it into gear, there is a certain spot where the rev's match and it'll glide together safely.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                          Yeah, thats fine... you just have to get it at the right time or it'll wear it out. But thats just like how he gets it into gear, there is a certain spot where the rev's match and it'll glide together safely.
                          word!
                          1991 Honda Accord Ex
                          Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

i think its mad you sold its shoes lol. man it really isnt happy with you, the time before that it got a lil hot under the collar going to doms lol oh well im sure mines about to have a tissy fit its been three years with out a single problem. man im scared now, sorry chris i cant leave my car hang out with yours anymore lol it might get an attitude lol.hope things start going better man.
                            im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                            93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                            90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                            92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
                              i think its mad you sold its shoes lol. man it really isnt happy with you, the time before that it got a lil hot under the collar going to doms lol oh well im sure mines about to have a tissy fit its been three years with out a single problem. man im scared now, sorry chris i cant leave my car hang out with yours anymore lol it might get an attitude lol.hope things start going better man.
                              Yeah me too....I think Im going to stop driving it over to Phoenix, because tha past few times have been hell.....Everytime I go there....something happens to the CB! Damn.....all I have to say is that the vin on the car goes something like this.....1hgcb7666......yup...I think its cursed....because that is really the numbers on the vin no joke!!! You had better hope your car is happy with the wheels....I hope mine likes the ITR's, cause im driving up to Phoenix this wednesday! lol
                              1991 Honda Accord Ex
                              Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
                              X